1/6 PROBABLE Hot Toys Star Wars: The Force Awakens figures - SPOILERS - Promo Art posted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you getting from Hot Toys?

• All in, give me all of them

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Nope, I'm sticking to the established stuff

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I'm going to pick and choose

Votes: 56 65.9%

• Total voters

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this or at least search didn't ferret it out. Since they released official posters of the promo art, I figure we can start to see where HT is most likely going with this. The images:

4763a51cd897acecaadbf53e348195d0

51eb908715486294ad380f9e7b087104

f11b939b96091a3b6146d0c8c8650b80

fd565ade0694dbde8e90a1ddc06a7775

98926f4e96cc313785ad747d29ede171

I count at least three trooper variations so far (Stormtrooper, Chrometrooper, Incendiary Trooper?) and supposedly there is a new TIE Fighter Pilot coming too and then we have Kylo Ren. How many are all in for this?

Lightsaber looks silly, troopers... I'm not feeling them either, but if the movie is great that can change in a split second so you never know.

Personally I'm going to stick to the stuff of my childhood, so OT only and mostly ANH/ESB at that. Some cool stuff coming with Ep VII+, but it won't have the same emotional resonance and I need to keep my spending on this hobby in check.

I have to admit the "Chrometrooper" with the cape looks like it could make for a cool figure to have (at least if they could actually make the chrome look good).

It's too early to say about the main villain though. Looks like he has potential to be a really memorable and badass character, but until we see him in action it's just too hard to know.

Chrometrooper and main villain will be very hard to resist. If I get any it will just be a few of the main ones that look really good with the usual caveats of the movie and the individual characters being good. Still excited for a whole new era though.

I hope Kylo Ren will be great, but from the pictures alone, I can already say he'll have less presence than Vader... I think even Darth Malgus looks more imposing. But I'm among the saber lovers.:)

I hope so too. So far so good. I kind of like the less is more approach they are tying with the way he looks.

I really like the look of the troopers with the flamethrowers, easier to get behind than the grin face troopers, they still haven't grown on me. Do like the art though, it makes me a little more excited about this movie.

Don't see why people have gripes about the saber. It makes a lot of sense combat wise... regular sabers have no hand guards, which I could see being immensely helpful in duels.

Don't see why people have gripes about the saber. It makes a lot of sense combat wise... regular sabers have no hand guards, which I could see being immensely helpful in duels.

I think most peoples complaints aren't of it having hand guards, its about it having handguards that could cut the wielder.

I watched the troopers walk out on stage during the Celebration Live feed. They look spectacular to me. I of course won't order anything until I see the movie first haha.

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this or at least search didn't ferret it out. Since they released official posters of the promo art, I figure we can start to see where HT is most likely going with this. The images:

4763a51cd897acecaadbf53e348195d0

51eb908715486294ad380f9e7b087104

f11b939b96091a3b6146d0c8c8650b80

fd565ade0694dbde8e90a1ddc06a7775

98926f4e96cc313785ad747d29ede171

I count at least three trooper variations so far (Stormtrooper, Chrometrooper, Incendiary Trooper?) and supposedly there is a new TIE Fighter Pilot coming too and then we have Kylo Ren. How many are all in for this?
Do we know the sith is male, in the third picture down it looks female?

Back