Prop Possible EFX AT-ST ROTJ, TIE Bomber & Probe Droid studio scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
Nice-N Model Designs LLC wrote:

Hey Folks... gearing up for STAR WARS CELEBRATION! Is anyone going? If so please stop by the EFX Collectibles booth and say hi!! I will be their the entire show!! We will be displaying the EFX Studio Scale Gold Leader Y Wing paint master, TIE bomber, Probe Droid and ROTJ AT-St! We have castings from the original ROTJ AT-ST provided by industry great Greg Jein! Cant get much more accurate than castings of of the original!! Please introduce yourself and lets talk Studio Models!!!! See you Thursday - Sunday!!!!

efx.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever. Other than the y wing these will disappear never to be produced just like everything else they show.

Whatever. Other than the y wing these will disappear never to be produced just like everything else they show.

What!?

Does this mean the 4-foot Star Destroyer will never see the light of day????????? What about the three different colored Tie's? Don't tell me the Vader Tie too??? And the Tie Interceptor as well???? What about the Slave 1??? Or the Boba Fett Legendary helmet????

How about the................................

Hang on a minute, 6 years have just past and I now have a 5 year old son? I guess if I put down my non-refundable deposits now he should have them by the time he's my age.... with any luck.

I'd love to see pictures of the TIE bomber and the studio scale probe droid - I know they'll take at least several years to come out if ever, but it's still cool to see someone doing something like this.

who cares to see those prototypes if the actual item might ship in 5 years (if ever) ... ?

I asked Nice-N Models if it is just the Y Wing being released by EFX, or the others as well. The announcement reads like every other model will just be Nice-N Models finished models. These are already displayed on their website. Haven't heard back from them though...

Why can't their be a reliable company that makes SW studio scale models? WTH, there's a lot of money to be made.

What!?

Does this mean the 4-foot Star Destroyer will never see the light of day????????? What about the three different colored Tie's? Don't tell me the Vader Tie too??? And the Tie Interceptor as well???? What about the Slave 1??? Or the Boba Fett Legendary helmet????

How about the................................

Hang on a minute, 6 years have just past and I now have a 5 year old son? I guess if I put down my non-refundable deposits now he should have them by the time he's my age.... with any luck.

Your words are so true, just don't say this on the other board, the EFX cheerleaders will eat you alive :p

Having just received the Tie Fighter I really hope EFX starts releasing these pieces. The quality is incredible from the model, to the packaging, to the extras it came with. I'll be sad if it's the only EFX ship I get to unbox.

I hope someone can post pics from Celebration. I'd like to see all of them, especially the AT-ST and Y-Wing studio scale models.

EFX's Celebration booth. A lot of the models are from Nice-N Models, but everything is labeled EFX. I wonder if EFX plans on releasing these finished models?

10378960_1628906787340578_44419716204902846_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to all,

A little background about myself. I was the original pattern maker for the Escape Pod, Probe Droid and TIE Bomber. Steve owns my original patterns for the Escape Pod and Probe Droid. These have gone through a total overhaul from when I first made them due to limited reference available at the time. They are much more accurate now. I still own the patterns to the TIE Bomber but not sure if the one on display is actually a buildup from one of my kits I did years ago. At any rate, I hope EFX does go ahead and bring these out for the collectors as they should sell well and would be awesome pieces in anyone's collections. I know I'd love to own these once again.

Back