1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Deadpool - Hot Toys MMS 1/6 figure - up for pre-order!

Specs:

MMS347

The 1/6th scale Deadpool Collectible Figure’s special features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Deadpool in Deadpool movie
- One (1) Deadpool head with five (5) pairs of interchangeable eye pieces that can create numerous combinations of Deadpool’s expressions
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulation
- Twelve (12) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of katana holding hands
- One (1) pair for gun holding hands
- One (1) pair of finger pointing hands
- One (1) thumb-up right hand
- One (1) OK sign left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) specially tailored red and black colored Deadpool suit with weathering effects
- One (1) brown colored leather-like belt
- One (1) pair of thigh gun holsters
- One (1) dagger sheath on shin
- One (1) pair of red and black colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) dagger
- Two (2) metal katanas
- Two (2) pistols
- Two (2) shurikens

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of katana sheath
- Specially designed Deadpool emblem dynamic figure stand with Deadpool nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
-Head Sculpted by Kojun
-Head Painted by JC. Hong
-Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q2 – Q3, 2016

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
** Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© Fox. TM & © 2016 Marvel.
© 2016 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

1517592_10153245724462344_4683241246244011429_n.jpg

1496_10153245724932344_1858098314788595104_n.jpg

10623013_10153245724642344_4509210183173794197_n.jpg

12495199_10153245724887344_6216213470565232132_n.jpg

1915442_10153245724762344_2181097659031770145_n.jpg

10577191_10153245724997344_5678032775679498147_n.jpg

1924030_10153245725012344_4667411188328980775_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hot Toys Movie Deadpool (2016)???

Fox property + not Wolverine = slim to none odds. I think good chance HT will make a proto but doubt it'll ever get sold. Deadpool's international appeal is also questionable at best. The movie will have the destroy the WW box office for HT to really consider this.

Sadly I don't see it happening :(. Can only hope.

Fingers crossed they get him but it's iffy given how Fox was so uptight about merchandise for X-Men. Can't believe they nailed the costume as well as they did.

Be a shame if we don't get a Hot Toys figure out of this.

Deadpool.jpg

Fox property + not Wolverine = slim to none odds. I think good chance HT will make a proto but doubt it'll ever get sold. Deadpool's international appeal is also questionable at best.

....What?!?! I'm going to make sure to favorite this page so next year when this is announced and everyone is losing their minds getting it I can look at the worst bet ever.

Deadpool >> Wolverine

Deadpool is viral everywhere, he much more famous than wolverine recently. finger crossed its wil happen. There is no way HT will slip it, its just single character and easy to do.

There are a ton more popular figures, like Batman Returns Bats, that aren't even getting made as of yet, so I doubt this one will come to fruition.

I think there is a big difference between a wanted character from a film that is over 20 years old (that isn't Star Wars) and a brand new movie debuted character who has an insane fan base at the moment. Plus the fact that a mask is involved so no approval is required. I will not believe that HT will not release this.

I was going to say the same thing about Deadpool being a masked character could increase the odds of this figure being made. The X-Men figures weren't made from the sounds of things due to the fact that Hot Toys would have needed to clear likeness rights for each actor. With this being a masked character it shouldn't matter and if they want to include a Reynolds sculpt it probably would be easier to try and clear the rights to one actor's likeness as opposed to numerous ones. Unless Marvel puts a hold on Fox releasing merchandise for the film I don't see why Hot Toys wouldn't do this figure.

Conspiracy theories to the contrary, I don't think Marvel is exerting any real pressure on products being released or not being released here. However, the Fox films (to this point) don't appear to allow for merchandising as part of the contract signed by actors. Thus, likeness rights have to be negotiated individually leading to fewer products being made. This is probably due, in large measure, to the fact as I understand it that the profits would be shared with Marvel proper and not the film studio in the case of Fox. Thus, Fox has no strong incentive to do Marvel any favors in the merchandising department.

Does this mean Deadpool is unlikely? I don't know. Less likely than the next Iron Man, but considering that he looks more like what Chan would go after than, well, nearly any X-Men movie character yet (as 99% of those have lame, non-comic-like outfits), I think the chances are decent.

I was going to say the same thing about Deadpool being a masked character could increase the odds of this figure being made. The X-Men figures weren't made from the sounds of things due to the fact that Hot Toys would have needed to clear likeness rights for each actor. With this being a masked character it shouldn't matter and if they want to include a Reynolds sculpt it probably would be easier to try and clear the rights to one actor's likeness as opposed to numerous ones. Unless Marvel puts a hold on Fox releasing merchandise for the film I don't see why Hot Toys wouldn't do this figure.
Excellent point that I hadn't considered! There's not necessarily a need to give us the unmasked "Wade" head here.

Conspiracy theories to the contrary, I don't think Marvel is exerting any real pressure on products being released or not being released here. However, the Fox films (to this point) don't appear to allow for merchandising as part of the contract signed by actors. Thus, likeness rights have to be negotiated individually leading to fewer products being made. This is probably due, in large measure, to the fact as I understand it that the profits would be shared with Marvel proper and not the film studio in the case of Fox.

Does this mean Deadpool is unlikely? I don't know. Less likely than the next Iron Man, but considering that he looks more like what Chan would go after than, well, nearly any X-Men movie character yet (as 99% of those have lame, non-comic-like outfits), I think the chances are decent.

This^. As a huge Minimates collector, I specifically remember reading a post from PR rep Zach Oats stating they were the only folks making First Class full cast figures because Mates do not require approvals due to the fact Minimates lack a nose therefore they can bypass that whole thing. Then he went on stating that between the cast and the studio approval will not happen. Jackman has like a franchise agreement or something.

Insane fan base is domestic only. Most people abroad haven't heard of this guy and certainly his brand of humor doesn't translate well in non-English speaking countries. Again it's still a possibility this gets released, the movie just has to do very well in the box office and pull a GotG. HT's track record with Fox's Marvel properties is also not promising, as others have pointed out.

I'm not sure about our neighbors, but Deadpool is quite popular in the Philippines.

The points raised regarding the likeness approvals/license makes a lot of sense. But what if -- Marvel/Disney does some powertripping over HT, keeping them from trying to pursue this license? Marvel/Disney seems that they're doing everything in their power to kill the properties they don't have movie rights to in other media. The X-men seems to have a questionable future in the upcoming Secret Wars event, while they have already killed Logan, ending the Fantastic Four, and made sure that the latest video games won't feature characters from either properties.

Personally I'd be frustrated as I want the movie Deadpool figure to complement the SSC Deadpool. I like SSC Deadpool but movie version looks more faithful to the comic.

Art Figures "Talkative Mercenary", coming soon.

Fox property + not Wolverine = slim to none odds. I think good chance HT will make a proto but doubt it'll ever get sold. Deadpool's international appeal is also questionable at best. The movie will have the destroy the WW box office for HT to really consider this.

Agreed. :goodpost: :exactly:

This HAS to be made! My Marvel display cannot go on without it!!!!

Would really love for this to happen. Beyond the thousands of custom Deadpool figures out there, many people cosplay as him and even go out of their way to make videos of it. Not to mention how he's been heavily marketed in a lot of Marvel video games, and with the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon featuring him as a recurring character, it has also helped in introducing him to a wider audience.

Regardless of whether or not HT takes the plunge, I think people are underestimating Deadpool's current hype and popularity.

Would really love for this to happen. Beyond the thousands of custom Deadpool figures out there, many people cosplay as him and even go out of their way to make videos of it. Not to mention how he's been heavily marketed in a lot of Marvel video games, and with the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon featuring him as a recurring character, it has also helped in introducing him to a wider audience.

Regardless of whether or not HT takes the plunge, I think people are underestimating Deadpool's current hype and popularity.

This. Got into a store like Hot Topic here in the US. You see Avengers and Deadpool. You don't see a ton of solo Wolverine shirts. It's all red and black. Shirts. Hats. Jackets. Belts. I even saw a Deadpool poster in an arts and crafts store.

This. Got into a store like Hot Topic here in the US. You see Avengers and Deadpool. You don't see a ton of solo Wolverine shirts. It's all red and black. Shirts. Hats. Jackets. Belts. I even saw a Deadpool poster in an arts and crafts store.

Walmarts around here have more Deadpool clothing than Avengers stuff (in the adult section). I had no idea he was that popular until I started looking for Avengers merch. Hot Topic and Spencer's is just filled with his stuff too.

Back