Kinnikuman M.U.S.C.L.E. キン肉マン Collectibles General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Kinnikuman M.U.S.C.L.E. キン肉マン Collectibles General Thread

Getting my 3 Kinnikuman figures later this month. But I'm curious to see if there's any other Kinnikuman fans here and what they have in their collection. :wave

Re: Kinnikuman M.U.S.C.L.E. キン肉マン Collectibles General Thread

About 200 views and no replies yet. I guess I'm the only one interested in Kinnikuman huh :lol

Galactiboy has a pretty big collection, if memory serves. I have several Kubricks in storage. When I was a kid, I had a lot of the "little rubber guys" and the little wrestling ring.

I want to see the Goku head on a Kinnikuman body!!!

That sounds so wrong...

Galactiboy has a pretty big collection, if memory serves. I have several Kubricks in storage. When I was a kid, I had a lot of the "little rubber guys" and the little wrestling ring.

Hopefully he'll visit and post some pics here.

I want to see the Goku head on a Kinnikuman body!!!

That sounds so wrong...

I'm getting both the figuarts and the revoltech ver. I'll try to get em pics for Ya, if their ball joint fit.

Wow, so an actually Kinnikuman thread... very cool. Yeah, I've been collecting Kinnikuman stuff for 15 years or so, but like many got started in the 80's with M.U.S.C.L.E. And, in honesty trying to complete a set of the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures is what really got me into eBay and then collecting in general.

My collection is smaller than it once was, but the pride and joy is a set of all the non-US kinkeshi figures. It took me close to 10 years to complete this set (in the center) and it's flanked by a complete set of all pink and mixed-color only M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. 236 figures in pink, 234 in mixed colors (2 do not exist in any other color than pink) and then I believe it's 184 Japanese Kinkeshi that were not released in the US.

jjb.jpg

I never got pictures of the last few Kinkeshi I picked up to finish my collection, but this is most of them:

pinkb.jpg

pinkc.jpg

pinkd.jpg

pinke.jpg

pinkf.jpg

pinkg.jpg

pinkh.jpg

pinkk.jpg

pinkl.jpg

pinkm.jpg

pinkj.jpg

Last edited:

A cool 8" Kinkeshi, next to his regular sized companion:

biga.jpg

An oddball item, a Kinnikuman "spinja"-type game:

kkn.jpg

kko.jpg

My Kinnikuman shelf... this picture's a bit old, but this is mostly how it looks:

bby.jpg

bbx.jpg

Last edited:

Woah :panic:

It does looks like a collection that you've been building for a long time! I've never really had a chance to get into the kinkeshi or MUSCLE as they weren't available I my country. But I've always remembered watching kinnikuman when I was little, though i didn't really have any clue what it was as I enjoyed mostly the battle scenes. :lol

I watched it again A few weeks ago on YouTube and I was hooked. The jokes and sense of humor was still funny even though it was a series created in the 80s. Too bad it stopped at episode 55 currently with the battle against the 7 Akuma Chojin.

Are you planning to get the figuarts version with the ring and all, or are you just gonna keep the collection with the vintage / nostalgia stuffs, galactiboy ?

I've been very interested in the figurearts figure... probably just get Kinnikuman though. I used to buy all or most of the figures, but at a certain point it was too much. I think I had 20 or so Romandoh figures before I sold off all but the 5 I now have.

Anymore just to save space if a new series comes out I just buy the Kinnikuman figure.

Did you see the Revoltech ver? It's fetching more on the secondary market than the figuarts ver. Has a changeable torso and eye system like PERS.

You think they'll make a Kid Muscle figure. I loved that show, in fact i always though he was the main muscle

462056-kid_muscle1_super.gif

Mine:

image.jpg

I personally think the figuarts is the better figure. Though the Revoltech one have a lot more variety and options. But the proportions and the traps are kinda ugly.

Great collection galactiboy. I used to have so many of these things M.U.S.C.L.E. pieces. Some of my better memories are of my dad taking me to the Lucky grocery store and handing me quarters to get new ones. I would love to have some of these again.

Great collection galactiboy. I used to have so many of these things M.U.S.C.L.E. pieces. Some of my better memories are of my dad taking me to the Lucky grocery store and handing me quarters to get new ones. I would love to have some of these again.

You mean the same exact kinkeshi ones? You can prolly find em on eBay.

Did you see the Revoltech ver? It's fetching more on the secondary market than the figuarts ver. Has a changeable torso and eye system like PERS.

Yeah, I keep being tempted by them... but honestly I've got so many iterations of Kinnikuman that it get's a bit ridiculous. I'm just waiting for the day when some one finally releases a 1/6 version.

And if that doesn't happen I've planned for a long time to just make one myself, so we'll see which happens first :lol

You think they'll make a Kid Muscle figure. I loved that show, in fact i always though he was the main muscle

462056-kid_muscle1_super.gif

It seems like that series has been largely abandoned. Romandoh did a pretty cool Kid Muscle figure 15 or so years ago and then the ones they sold in the US were pretty cool as well.

Mine:

View attachment 181355

I personally think the figuarts is the better figure. Though the Revoltech one have a lot more variety and options. But the proportions and the traps are kinda ugly.

Yeah, those are pretty badass... stop tempting me!!!

Thanks man, they were what got me into collecting... once I started looking around on eBay for M.U.S.C.L.E. figures I started seeing all the other great things I could waste money on :lol

A Good rule of thumb on buying M.U.S.C.L.E. figures is that you shouldn't pay more than $1 for one, if you buy more than 20 or so then expect the price per figure to go down. And really large lots usually end up being closer to the original $.25 price.

The only real exception is Satan Cross... by all accounts he was only released in the original pink run of the figures and was not on the poster. He does seem legitimately rare and I've seen him sell for as high as $50. I overpaid on a lot of figures to get mine and it was like $25... but as a completest it was totally worth it to me :lol

muscle-figure-236-satan-cross.jpg

Some people will also pay in the $200 range for a purple claw... but that's just stupidity imo :lol

mVmn7n8sUlreMbIJiu9Ls4w.jpg

When I was a kid, I had those little rubber toys. I didn't even know they were "Kinnikuman" or MUSCLE. I just remember having a few of those little guys in my toy basket, and I have no idea where they came from. I even brought some to school as a kid because I thought they were erasers lol! :) I thought they were just like those little plastic green soldiers that only exist for the sake of existing, I didn't know there was a story behind these guys haha :)

In the US only two of the characters had names Muscleman and Terri-Bull, and they were leaders of the their wrestling teams the Thug Busters and Cosmic Crunchers respectively. And they were sold as oddball wrestling toys without any other story.

m.u.s.c.l.e.-comic-strip.jpg

But in Japan it was a whole 'nother thing and still fairly popular.

One of my favorite toy lines in the 80's. I couldn't wait to buy these when I had some allowance. Had most of mine for many years. A few years back I finally completed the original flesh line, minus the rare figures. This is what I have in my collection.​
18533095825_3d24ac7b90_z.jpg

Back