Anyone taken apart a Hot Toys rubber Chris Redfield body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't you just use True type thigh extenders which slide over the top of the existing legs?

Actually they are glued on. Take a flat head screwdriver and pop that sucker open. And the screws are powerdrilled in so loosing them will take effort. Also from recent TTM-19 opening the crotch area is also glued.

So I had a go of figuring this out. The rubber butt cheek plugs are glued on but peel off fairly easily. I managed to pull the rubber crotch area to one side to unscrew two screws at the front that looked to be holding the hip area together. Took them out and the dam thing still wouldn't budge open :( I think one would need to take the whole rubber body off and undo the remainder screws to open this thing up. However I am baffled as to how Hot Toys put this body together as the rubber is one molded piece. Not sure how they got it on the armature with legs and arms attached. The only way I can think of is if they put the legs in splits pose and fed the whole plastic armature through the opening of the butt cheeck, which is why those are plugged up.

I think I will have to resort to the thigh extenders. Shame as I had a nice beefy pair of TTM20 legs. I might try to take off the TTM20 lower legs and use them. Has anyone had experience taking these off? They look pretty solid, unlike the parts on say a TTM18 which pull off with a tug.

Back