The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeesFanboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's actually short for The Fortress of Solitude at Stately Wayne Manor. I wanted to name the place the Castle of Isolation at Stately Wayne Manor, but that's much too clunky and unwieldy. :lol

Here's the nickel tour. Depending on where you are on the property, the place can look like this...

burtonmanor.jpg

...or this.

bb-house.jpg

The guy who owns the place is much more interesting. He can be aloof, distant and vain - he's got floor-to-ceiling mirrors in lots of the rooms around here. Creepy. Not to mention he buys a lot of **** from around the world, wicker warrior stuff and armor from Japan.

Other times, he comes off as some rich, obnoxious, loud playboy. He usually has a model on each arm, although it's usually two. The idiot will probably burn down his home one day.

There's also another guy, a tall, strapping SOB who wears glasses. He stops by every now and then. I think he's a journalist or a blogger of some sort. Truth be told, he looks like a dork and he acts like a dweeb.

Lastly, there's an elderly gentleman who takes care of the place. He can hook you up with whatever you need. Just give him a holler.

I created this thread so that we could talk about the DC Universe - whether it be figures, movies, TV shows or comics - in a breezy, informal atmosphere.

I'd like to see it become a place where longtime Freaks and new members can mingle and get to know each other better in a less intense environment than many of the figure threads.

The DC section already has a rep for people losing their minds over seemingly trivial stuff (me, DX15, :monkey3), so please keep it light and funny. Otherwise, the elderly gentleman I was telling you about will have to throw you out on your ass. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Fortress at Wayne Manor

What about the DX 15 Wayne Manor?

image.jpg

That Green Lantern figure is pretty much why we got a New Code of Conduct, no? :lol

Whatever happened to the Ryan Reynolds GL figure/s? HT didn't make a play for that license, did it? I wasn't here at the time, obviously. I'm curious.

That Green Lantern figure is pretty much why we got a New Code of Conduct, no? :lol

Whatever happened to the Ryan Reynolds GL figure/s? HT didn't make a play for that license, did it? I wasn't here at the time, obviously. I'm curious.

Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern figure would have been cool from Hot Toys. I'd buy it. Would put it next to the MOS Superman and Dark Knight Batman for a modern Justice League shelf.

That's cool. :duff

Anybody else looking forward to figures from BvS, Suicide Squad, etc.?

As far as BvS goes, Superman will be a pass. Got my MoS during Spooktacular for a great deal. As for the others, WW, Aqua, Joker, Harley, Deadshot, etc...... easy buys if I enjoy the movies. I actually am excited for a Cyborg figure (very far off :lol)

Thread has been reopened (Thank you, Ink). Unsure why it was closed to begin with.

Please follow the rules of the board and the new CoC, otherwise this thread will be closed again.

Having said that...I'm dying to see a Supergirl PF or 1/6th figure. :D

Big props to you, Snoop! :duff

Marvel's taken the reins, but DC will be back sooner than you think! So long as we Freaks keep that in mind, we should be all good! :woo

Why is this here?

Dave, I thought this thread could be a place where new members and longtime members could get together to talk about figures, 1/6 and otherwise, as well as DC properties in a more relaxed and less intense atmosphere than the individual figure threads.

The DC section has a reputation in other sections as a place where figures get torn apart and obliterated. I thought this thread could help change and alter those perceptions. I thought it could be a place to celebrate all of the good things about DC.

I also thought it would come in especially handy when new DC movies are released in the next few years.

I also believe there are a fair amount of lurkers and lots of members who don't post as much as they'd like to around here because of what they may perceive as hostility or negativity.

I'd like them to know that they can post here without fear of getting their butts bitten off. :lol

I'm pretty sure HT announced the cancellation of their Green Lantern movie figure. I think I'll be all in for Hot Toys DC Movie figures, which is scary. Anybody else a bit nervous about Suicide Squad including the Joker though? I hope he is a villain and not part of the team.

Back