Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedarkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Big Chief announces the 9th Doctor Figure!!!

11059677_10153854234861002_8555105225686390004_n.jpg

BigChiefStudiosLimited said:
Ten years ago to the day an old friend returned to our TV screens. Memorably portrayed by Christopher Eccleston, the Doctor came back into our lives to save humankind all over again. In celebration of the return of the world’s favourite time traveller, BIG Chief Studios are pleased to announce that the next collector figure will be the quite brilliant Ninth Doctor. Stayed tuned for future updates...

I'm guessing a signature edition is out of the picture.

Most likely. I'm surprised they went with a photo for a teaser when usually it's the figure. Is this one that far off?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there IS a SE. People over exaggerate CE's feelings about Doctor Who.

Anyway, this is great news. I can't wait for them to reveal. I may just buy the RTD TARDIS after all.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there IS a SE. People over exaggerate CE's feelings about Doctor Who.

If I remember correctly, the reason he didn't come back for the 50th had more to do with a scheduling conflict with filming Thor: the Dark World than being unwilling. He did meet with Moffat about returning.

My memory could be faulty. Woudn't be the 1st time.

image.jpg

I believe he genuinely loved being in DW but he his work ethics wouldn't allow him to continue in the role and (for different reasons) wouldn't allow him to participate in the 50th. He did reenact his role for a guy's wedding proposal and he is always more than happy to sign autographs for fans.

Anyway, this is great news. I can't wait for them to reveal. I may just buy the RTD TARDIS after all.

This might make me buy that TARDIS.

If I remember correctly, the reason he didn't come back for the 50th had more to do with a scheduling conflict with filming Thor: the Dark World than being unwilling. He did meet with Moffat about returning.

My memory could be faulty. Woudn't be the 1st time.

According to Moffat it was that he was unwilling:

As for Christopher Eccleston not being in the special, Moffat says, “I sort of knew that he wouldn’t. I know Chris a bit. I did a couple of meetings, and there was a moment, I suppose, a giddy moment where [I thought] ‘Would he actually do it?’ This wasn’t the kind of decision he took in a funk or that he was cross. He was very measured, very kind, very gentlemanly about it. He’s a good bloke. If you look at Chris’s career, this is not what he does. The Ninth Doctor turns up for the battle and not the party.”

It seems like he considered it and then passed which is what at least I remember going on around that time. It doesn't mean he won't do an SE, but I'm actually shocked this is coming so soon. I was predicting this would be one of the last ones to get done.

View attachment 175103

I believe he genuinely loved being in DW but he his work ethics wouldn't allow him to continue in the role and (for different reasons) wouldn't allow him to participate in the 50th. He did reenact his role for a guy's wedding proposal and he is always more than happy to sign autographs for fans.

I would love for him to start doing shows, I would love to get this signed:

Doctor_Who_Miniseries_9D_01_Zhang-.jpg

This is awesome news!! :woo Will be great to have a set of Nu-Who Doctors. :yess:

Can't wait to see the full reveal! :)

I, too, am a bit surprised that this is coming already. But given that it's a guaranteed money spinner, and the opportunity to tie into the tenth anniversary of the return of the show, and with the other TARDIS coming out, it does make sense to launch it now. And I definitely look forward to grabbing it and being officially almost half way through the Doctors.

I can't help but wish we got another classic Doctor first, but any as yet unmade Doctor is okay by me. :D

I don't find it that surprising myself, given that any Nu-Who figure is probably going to be much more popular and sell much better than any classic Doctor (except perhaps the Fourth).

Which, it could be argued, would be one reason not to complete the main NuWho collection quicker than you have to, so you retain the new series fans attention for as long as possible, rather than risk having them wander off, considering their collections 'complete'. After all, it's always easier to interest fans whose attention you already have into buying other things that they may not have planned on, than it is to win fans who have moved on back again.

Spreading out the big hitters, rather than front loading them, allows you to make the less widespread popular pieces along the way with less risk, as you know you've still got a guaranteed money spinner in your back pocket if things don't work out as well as hoped/planned.

Still, it is what it is. And I'm sure Big Chief know what they're doing...

There's still monsters to draw the new series crowd. Daleks and Cybermen should be big sellers for example. Sontarans too I would imagine plus the Master and Mistress and companions. I can't see Captain Jack not being made and we still have the War Doctor to go. I think there's still plenty of options for the new series but I hope. The next one is a classic Doctor. McCoy would.be great.

Nope. Not gonna happen. Chris won't do conventions, won't sign Doctor Who items and he declined to participate in the 50th anniversary even after Moffat diplomatically tried to talk him into doing it. He wants to distance himself as far away from his association with Doctor Who and the fans as possible. He maintains a professional candor when speaking about his involvement with Doctor Who in interviews but behind the scenes there was a lot of bad blood and that's why he announced he was quitting before the first season had even aired. I understand it's his choice and his prerogative but it's kind of a callous attitude and I have no respect for that.

We'll see. Either way it's a no-brainier purchase.

Anyone thought about what accessories they want him to come with (besides the obvious sonic screwdrivers and psychic paper)?

I want mannequin choking arm and Auton Mickey head. :)

Back