1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Sentry Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultron-7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Confirmed!
View attachment 176878

11102782_10152715056427344_255788400551212245_n.jpg

Hot Toys have already revealed two versions of the figure in the Cosbaby and Artist Mix lines so a MMS version seems likely down the line. So one more thread in here about AoU figures can't hurt too much, especially for those of us hoping for this figure.

This is also a more comic styled version of the character for those of us who prefer that look over those of Ultron Prime or the Ultimate Ultron. An option to switch between blue and red lights would be a simple gimmick to solve the 2 different versions of this seen so far.

Anyway some pictures etc. follow below and let the discussion commence.

EW_Ultron.png

View attachment 174533

View attachment 174534

View attachment 174535

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Sentry figure discussion

Seriously?

YA just eager to start a thread :lol

If we get a MMS Sentry version B, I'm definitely getting it over Ultron Prime. Much more to my liking :clap

I'm not really interested in these drones but I wouldn't mind seeing an Iron Legion figure being made. :)

I'm not really interested in these drones but I wouldn't mind seeing an Iron Legion figure being made. :)

Theres a chance they will, but they seem to only feature at the start of the film with Stark seemingly shutting them down after Ultron infects them. Bit of a shame as a Ultron sentries vs Iron Legion war scene would of be amazing

This is the only version I would consider getting, I think Marvel strayed a bit to far from the iconic comic book Ultron with their prime/ultimate versions, if you happened to see them 'out of context' standing beside a regular 12" figure you might very well imagine it to be some 1/4 scale no-name robot, they are just to far removed from the original Ultron, whereas the sentry Ultron does at least have a passing resembalance to the Ultron I remember.

Damn it--I thought something had been announced.

Finally. Great thread Ultron. So excited to finally discuss these bots. I'm sure they'll be made, in fact I hope they are because I want like 4 of them :rotfl

I hope they are as this is the only Ultron I have any interest in buying. I assume HT will make them, but we'll see.

Did I miss the contest? The one where you win something for new threads? Seems like we have ten new "figure" threads all of a sudden...with absolutely no new info. I could see if it was done after that stand teaser hot toys did but why now? How long till the civil war figure threads start popping up? When you word it just like the (the title) other announced figures it's misleading. Should be required to put "speculation" or something in the title till it's actually announced.

Hopefully the red Ultron Sentry has a big enough role (like actually serving as a conduit for Ultron), because I'm really considering on grabbing one. :lol

This is the only version I would consider getting, I think Marvel strayed a bit to far from the iconic comic book Ultron with their prime/ultimate versions, if you happened to see them 'out of context' standing beside a regular 12" figure you might very well imagine it to be some 1/4 scale no-name robot, they are just to far removed from the original Ultron, whereas the sentry Ultron does at least have a passing resembalance to the Ultron I remember.
Beyond the countless times in which I've said that Ultron Prime harkens closer to Ultron's modern designs, I honestly don't think of it this way. I've mentioned this before, just as Iron Man's movie design is "far removed" from the original classic Iron Man (red tunic, golden "tights", gravity discs on the belt etc.), I feel that Ultron Prime is an interesting re-imagining of the character inspired from his more recent depictions.

To say that Ultron Prime is "far removed" is a bit of a stretch considering how the design still retains the bare essentials of Ultron's design silhouette.There have been cases where characters have strayed pretty far off from their iconic looks, the most memorable being the infamous fan backlash that initially came out of Heath Ledger's Joker. Appearance-wise, Ledger's Joker is literally the most non-Joker design one could think of at the time: slouched posture, messy makeup, messy/greasy hair etc. Fast-forward to today and it's viewed as one of the best depictions of a comic book villain. I like to think that Spader's performance and Whedon's writing could work in showing how effective Ultron Prime will be as a convincing depiction of the living automaton.

So yeah, I do think that taking things "out of context" is definitely the wrong way to go about it. Looking at random design sheets to determine how convincing a certain character might come across isn't all there is to it since we still have the movie to go by. In this regard, I like to think that AOU will create a new "context" for Ultron, and one that I hope will prove to be a pretty damn memorable one for the character.

:exactly: I'm getting tired of these premature threads :slap :lol

Anyway, this and Mk1 Ultron are probably my most wanted AoU figures :drool

That's probably one of my most desired figures right now....

.....but I don't want to give any ideas about starting a thread just yet. :lol :monkey3

Seems like the ideal candidate to be the 'Avengers' Chitauri Commander and Chitauri Soldier for this line, two Sentry Ultron's, one with blue eyes and one with red with a two pack with some extra items.

I think this line as a whole would do well following the original films line up of figures. One for each character, 2/3 for Iron Man and a couple of civilian figures (ie Maria Hill would be a nice surprise like Banner was last time.)

Seems like the ideal candidate to be the 'Avengers' Chitauri Commander and Chitauri Soldier for this line, two Sentry Ultron's, one with blue eyes and one with red with a two pack with some extra items.

I think this line as a whole would do well following the original films line up of figures. One for each character, 2/3 for Iron Man and a couple of civilian figures (ie Maria Hill would be a nice surprise like Banner was last time.)

:goodpost: :exactly:

Did I miss the contest? The one where you win something for new threads? Seems like we have ten new "figure" threads all of a sudden...with absolutely no new info. I could see if it was done after that stand teaser hot toys did but why now? How long till the civil war figure threads start popping up? When you word it just like the (the title) other announced figures it's misleading. Should be required to put "speculation" or something in the title till it's actually announced.

Title has been changed thanks for your input.

:exactly: I'm getting tired of these premature threads :slap :lol

Anyway, this and Mk1 Ultron are probably my most wanted AoU figures :drool

The whole point of this forum is to discuss figures and collectibles, including speculation and wish lists etc. it shouldn't matter whether it's been shown or not if it sparks discussion amongst the collectors. Afterall if you only come here for news on releases then 99% of the posts on here aren't news about figures.

There's plenty of sources for news on releases.

Back