J Scott Campbell Disney Princess Wonderground Gallery Prints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohboy62

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I am a big fan of J Scott Campbell. Recently I discovered that he did a number of drawings of Disney Princesses for Disney's Wonderground Gallery in Cali. This was a couple of years ago but since then has continued to do some more drawings (some of the villains and pop art). I was wondering if anyone who has been to Disney Land recently could confirm that they still have some of his stuff or if anyone has any more info at all. I recently got 5/6 of the good vs evil prints below. I'm missing the Sleeping Beauty one.

herapple_jscottcampbell.jpg

Her-Hair-Campbell.jpg

hersleep_jscottcampbell.jpg

Her-Slipper-Campbell.jpg

Her-Wonderland-Campbell.jpg

hervoice_jscottcampbell.jpg

Attachments

• hervoice_jscottcampbell-216x300.jpg
    hervoice_jscottcampbell-216x300.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 475
I love these pieces. I always said that if SSC did this line and actually painted the statue with the internal art they'd be huge best sellers.

I am a big fan of J Scott Campbell. Recently I discovered that he did a number of drawings of Disney Princesses for Disney's Wonderground Gallery in Cali. This was a couple of years ago but since then has continued to do some more drawings (some of the villains and pop art). I was wondering if anyone who has been to Disney Land recently could confirm that they still have some of his stuff or if anyone has any more info at all. I recently got 5/6 of the good vs evil prints below. I'm missing the Sleeping Beauty one.

Was just at the Wonderground Gallery bout a month and a half ago and snapped a pic of this one:

image.jpg

didn't see any other ones there. I forget the price on this one but I think it was $250-350

doh! I'm terrible with checking messages, sorry bout that :)

Was actually my first trip out to California in 23 years, flew out from Texas on a quick business/pleasure trip- don't know when I'll be back. Its been a while also since I've been to WDW but I think they have a similar gallery there also, not sure what they would have in stock.

doh! I'm terrible with checking messages, sorry bout that :)

Was actually my first trip out to California in 23 years, flew out from Texas on a quick business/pleasure trip- don't know when I'll be back. Its been a while also since I've been to WDW but I think they have a similar gallery there also, not sure what they would have in stock.

It's ok! I've never been to Disney Land. It sucks that you can only buy these there. I tried to call but could never get a hold of the store.

I don't know when I'll be able to go back (maybe in a week or two?) but I'll check. Too bad that I didn't see this until now, I was there last night but didn't go in. What size are these and what versions of the prints did you get? That way if I see it I'll just buy it.

You can buy these at Disneyland? I may have to take my girls there soon then! for me!

They used to sell 'em at WonderGround Gallery at Downtown Disney... but I'd also recommend checking out Off the Page in California Adventure and the Disney Gallery at Disneyland and World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

I don't know when I'll be able to go back (maybe in a week or two?) but I'll check. Too bad that I didn't see this until now, I was there last night but didn't go in. What size are these and what versions of the prints did you get? That way if I see it I'll just buy it.

I got these off ebay ... from what i was told the ones i have are no longer sold. But i have never been there to verify. They are the deluxe prints ... retail i think is $40. The size matted is 18x24. They came with the matte and a little paper talking about the drawing.

I think the ones they still do have are these below: If they do have any of the ones i have or the ones below please let me know! Thanks!

9a71b3a213b4043215fde7c3051f42d1.jpg

arielpop.jpg

peterpanpop.jpg

They used to sell 'em at WonderGround Gallery at Downtown Disney... but I'd also recommend checking out Off the Page in California Adventure and the Disney Gallery at Disneyland and World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

i tried to call wonderground a bunch of times and they never answered the phone. I wish i could just go drop by haha ... please let me know what you find out!

Campbell did some incredible Disney pieces. I'm fortunate enough to own a stellar original piece. Always love seeing this work.

Don't have a picture offhand, but it's an original Princess Leia that he did for me at a show.

Don't have a picture offhand, but it's an original Princess Leia that he did for me at a show.

Ah ... i'm going to a con soon and i'm hoping to get him to do one for me. Can i ask how much you paid? And what the best way to get him to do one is? I know he says to come early.

Ah ... i'm going to a con soon and i'm hoping to get him to do one for me. Can i ask how much you paid? And what the best way to get him to do one is? I know he says to come early.

He does a lottery system. Get there early and the first X number of people who are there get to put their names in. He typically draws 3 names and they will get the commissions for the day. Each one is $100 flat for a single character piece. He'll probably have you come back throughout the day to check if it's ready. He stops and signs periodically. I'm sure you have some ideas for a subject, so make sure you have that ready for him if you get in. That's it! Amazing artist and incredibly nice guy.

He does a lottery system. Get there early and the first X number of people who are there get to put their names in. He typically draws 3 names and they will get the commissions for the day. Each one is $100 flat for a single character piece. He'll probably have you come back throughout the day to check if it's ready. He stops and signs periodically. I'm sure you have some ideas for a subject, so make sure you have that ready for him if you get in. That's it! Amazing artist and incredibly nice guy.

Damn ... i don't know how early i can get to the con that i'm going to. thanks for the info!

Back