WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gideon

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know there is an overlap between people who read and post here and also participate in the WETA Shadow and Flame forums. Is there anyone else who cannot access the WETA forum site over the last few days? When I try I get a message saying there is an error.

I even had my wife try it from here IPAD and she gets the same thing so I do not think its just my computer.

this is the screen I get

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 105

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 113

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 128

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 136

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 205

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/init.php on line 383

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Fatal error: Call to a member function shareads() on a non-object in /home/chucks888/wetacollectors.com/forum/includes/functions.php(5721) : eval()'d code on line 15

And I know next to nothing about computers.

I'm having the same problem, gideon. Getting the same thing using various devices for a couple of days now.

Hope everything's okay. I like that forum a lot.

This is what they posted at the S&F Facebook-Group:

Dear Flamers.

Chuck is working hard to get the forum up and running again. Sorry about these technical stupidities. I really don't know anything about how and why, but it seems like there's a software mismatch between the server/forum.
Hopefully we can get them to work together again or find a different solution. If anyone know about vbulletin boards and PHP, please email Chuck. Or contact me to get his email address.

Love,
Pordey

Yeah, forum has been down for a week now. Very frustrating, but I'm sure Chuck is doing everything he can.

I certainly hope so. I dearly hope that the length of time it is taking to fix this indicates a low priority for getting the forum up and running again.

Any more news on what's going on, seems to be taking a long time to update or restore previous software patches, unless something bigger has gone wrong :(

Not a word Guru. Am really starting to get bummed. I'm suspecting something huge is at play. :(

Not a word Guru. Am really starting to get bummed. I'm suspecting something huge is at play. :(

I'm fearing it may not be coming back, which losses our community, our news, our direct interaction with Weta (and if Faramir proves nothing, it shows how valuable that is).

So yeah, no site, no news, starting to get really worried (no offense to this forum or Dave of course).

I'm fearing it may not be coming back, which losses our community, our news, our direct interaction with Weta (and if Faramir proves nothing, it shows how valuable that is).

So yeah, no site, no news, starting to get really worried (no offense to this forum or Dave of course).

That is my sentiment as well. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe Weta needs to step in and do something. The forum has been very advantageous to both parties (Weta and collectors) promoting products, looking for buyers' insights, giving information, etc. It will be a big and sad loss if the forum won't be back online.

I thought it was just hacked or something, though? Is it that serious?

Same, i like the forum and really hope it can come back asap. I have friends there, i had fun there.

I know Chuck is busy but an update from someone in the know would really be helpful. I miss everyone from the S+F and I never got the chance to thank Christian for the great job he did on the scarf's or Kyle for the fabulous Aragorn's tomb!

Back