FX: The Americans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lejuan

Super Freak
Reaction score
One of television's great series deserves its own thread.

Halfway through season three and it hasn't skipped a beat.

prop6.jpg

Always saw ads for this during American Horror Story and thought 3 seasons? Who watches this? I know no one that does and never saw a thread on it. :lol

I watched the first season and I thought it was pretty good. It reminded me of the TV mini series The Company. I thought the first season was excellent but I havent been able to find time or interest to watch the second and third seasons :dunno

3 seasons? I think I've seen a few ads for this but I have no idea what this is :dunno

from IMDB :
Two Soviet intelligence agents pose as a married couple to spy on the American government.
The Americans (TV Series 2013

Its quite a good drama. It also has decent action and suspense, from what I've seen, and Keri Russell is awesome :rock as is Matthew Rhys :clap

Watched most of the first season but could never fully get into it.

Mostly because it seemed the only way they could develop any of the the characters was by who they were sleeping with.

Always saw ads for this during American Horror Story and thought 3 seasons? Who watches this? I know no one that does and never saw a thread on it. :lol
It's worth a look. I really enjoy it. Very well written and acted in my opinion, and you feel legitimate threat throughout the show. I just started season 2 on Amazon Prime. The level of sex and violence is pretty up there for a non-premium cable show, also.

This is the best show on TV right now hands down. Its very well written, the cast is incredible, and the costume and set design (80's era) is spot on. This will be one of those shows that will never get the love it actually deserves because too many people are watching reality TV and debating whether Barry's costume is to loose on The Flash. Theres no accounting for taste, but this is why we can't have nice things people. If FX didn't have such an F U mentality with its programming this show wouldn't have got a second season. If you're having Breaking Bad withdrawals, do yourself a favor and watch this show. It will fill that Jesse Pinkman shaped hole in your heart (drops mic).

Yeh, I agree, I really can't fault it as yet. While some of the expositions are clearly grasped, others are more nuanced. It rewards careful attention, but doesn't lose you altogether if a detail is missed first time round.

The tension is often understated rather than overly dramatic. The relationships established are complex and expertly managed, so that the minor and major story arcs fluidly mesh together: Phil and Elizabeth... Stan and Nina... Phil and Elizabeth as parents to Paige and Henry... Phil and Elizabeth and their handlers... Stan and his superiors... Phil and Elizabeth and their respective moles... the Russian 'diplomats'... they are all beautifully realised characters and the performances are superb.

I hope this picks up more of a following if the survival of the show depends on it, but I'm very happy FX has stuck with it so far.

Not totally convinced of the whole Paige story arc at the expense of some threads that have been placed on the back burner - but a fourth season has been green lit so there's plenty of room to return to them and flesh them out. Stan will be calling the shots at the FBI now, Pastor Tim will be pivotal in what happens next with
Paige, Martha appears to be in the clear, Kimmy is still in the frame while Sandra is sounding weird with her advances to Philip.

2016 feels a long way off, but I'm glad the network has placed its faith in a series that has only managed a relatively small but very devoted following.

wow! was this thread burried way back.

this is an excellent series so if you have not watched it don't read below.. it's worth binge watching the first 4 seasons.

good episode to start season 5 off but spent a little too much time digging that grave.Love how Elizabeth didn't even blink an eye when she did Hans in.Too bad he got tainted blood on him from the bio weapon they dug out of William.And Hans was an agent she trained.Damn' she's good.

Pasha is serious to find his Dad and looks like Phillip has no idea.

Interesting how the episode started with Phillip,Elizabeth and Tuan their adopted Vietnamese son.For a moment I thought what! an alternate universe.But just a mission we did not previously know about.

until next week.

kind of a tame episode last night compared to last week,focused more on Beeman and Paige.But still very good.Elizabeth did some covert night work discovering that what they think is happening with US grain is a possibility.
Beeman finds the CIA in Russia are interested in turning Oleg using Beemans info for possible blackmail against Oleg.Beemans not happy about that.
Matthew gets to second base with Paige.Before mom and dad give her the spies guide sex talk.Pretty funny.

good stuff

Binged the 6 seasons of this in the last couple of weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed this show and loved seeing Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys in very different roles from what I had seen them in before (Felicity and Brothers & Sisters)

Anyone else discover this show on a streaming service and love it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Binged the 6 seasons of this in the last couple of weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed this show and loved seeing Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys in very different roles from what I had seen them in before (Felicity and Brothers & Sisters)

Anyone else discover this show on a streaming service and love it?

I did. Though Paige annoyed me from the beginning to the end. And while I appreciate that they didn't wrap everything up with a neat little bow, because that doesn't happen in real life, I really wanted to see more of Martha in Russia. Did she get her kid (it's implied she did)? Did she find some sort of happiness?

I did. Though Paige annoyed me from the beginning to the end. And while I appreciate that they didn't wrap everything up with a neat little bow, because that doesn't happen in real life, I really wanted to see more of Martha in Russia. Did she get her kid (it's implied she did)? Did she find some sort of happiness?
Yes, I found season 6 quite a big change with the time jump and not seeing some characters again (Martha, Gabriel, Sandra)

I would have liked to have seen Martha again, really felt sorry for her and where she ended up, but I do think she found happiness with the child.

What do you think Paige did at the end? Remain in hiding with her new identity and keep an eye on Henry? Would she have been arrested for her involvement? I'm not too sure where she would have ended up. The Soviet Union fell only 4 years later, so I imagine she would have been able to visit her parents after that. She seemed to enjoy the spy life and didn't really want it to end so abruptly. Although she was shielded from many of the things they were actually involved in.

Back