HCG Nostromo Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Picture from SDCC 2018...

ZJK9G0D.jpg

Are we finally getting one? Just got this tease...

7xANVxQ.png

I about **** myself when I saw that. God I hope it is in fact the Nostromo, and I hope we get a Narcissus in the future. A derelict would be awesome as well.

I about **** myself when I saw that. God I hope it is in fact the Nostromo, and I hope we get a Narcissus in the future. A derelict would be awesome as well.

It is undoubtedly the Nostromo, I just hope it will be a decent size. +1 for a derelict ship, I always liked that design.

A good Nostromo model would be very welcome.

Sad enough there are only 4 models/toys in 35 years.

I do not own any stuff from Hollywood Collectibles, so may I ask what quality they are usualy?

I took a look at their upcoming Powerloader that is very nice. But the complex Nostromo surface is a different thing to rebuild/cast.

I suppose the scale of the ship will be 1:500 maximum - so nearly double the size of the Halcyon model. Still this scale needs extra fine work.

What do you think? Thank you.

HCG can be very much hit and miss, their human likenesses especially leave a lot to be desired. But this kind of thing is within their abilities for sure so could turn out pretty nice, it depends what they use for reference I guess. I only own one HCG item currently, the P2 stunt mask, I love it..

HCG can be very much hit and miss, their human likenesses especially leave a lot to be desired. But this kind of thing is within their abilities for sure so could turn out pretty nice, it depends what they use for reference I guess. I only own one HCG item currently, the P2 stunt mask, I love it..

Hallo Python,

thank you for your reply.

I never got warm with the Nostromo Model Kits by Halcyon or AEF for being way too expensive in exchange for the quality.
So I am curious if the Hollywood Collectibles ship is the version I saved my money for. Hope they will give us prototype images soon.

I own the Pulse Rifle and the two Fifth Element blasters for HCG-they are overall nice pieces, but the electronics are a little skittish in them. I was hoping years ago that Master Replicas would produce a Nostromo-I own the Millennium Falcon, AT-AT Walker and Snowspeeder from them, and they are outstanding. Hopefully HCG puts the right team on this to pull it off.

I don't own any HCG collectibles, but from what I've seen, I think they're good with weapons/vehicles/general machinery-based designs and not so good with creatures and humans.

I really, really hope the APC, Powerloader and Nostromo all turn out great, and that they continue on from there. I love the vehicles in the Alien franchise but I don't have the necessary skill required to assemble models, and that was really the only option before now.

Thank you for your replies.

Is there an experience value with Hollywood Collectibles how long they take usually from announcement to first prototype images?

Thank you!

I thought there was when I saw this thread bumped ;) HCG are incredibly hit and miss, I hope this one is a hit...

I believe it is still in the sculpting stage but not 100% sure.
Earlier in the year I was asked for and gave them a bunch of reference material including the blueprints I drew up.
Sure it'll be a nice piece when finally done.

Back