I got some news I didn't wanna hear really tonight...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I had come home from work tonight. And just minutes after I had gotten in, my mom and grandma told me to come and sit down. They said that they had some serious news. I was told that my mom had gotten a call from her Neuroligist to say that in a catscan that was done on my moms head, that he had found a mass (tumour) in her pituitary gland which is just above the eyebrows at the top of the nose I think. It was hard. Mom was crying and all I could do was sit there in shock. :monkey2 Now, my mom has been suffering from ill health for the past couple of years. And the fact that she has been suffering from bad migraines is the reason that she had the catscan done. She already suffers from a condition called acute fibromyalgae. It affects the whole nervous system.

Anyways, back on topic. She needs to go and have an MRI done. That should be happening in the next 2-3 weeks. I guess that is because they need to find out exactly what it is that they are dealing with, and if it is a benign tumour or cancerous. I really hope that it does just turn out to be a benign tumour. Even though I am VERY worried, I remain optimistic. What they can do now is amazing with medicine. When the times get tough, you gotta get tough. I gotta hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Last edited:
I was sorry to hear about your news, TF. I hope it all come out right in the end. mY family will include yours in our prayers.

Tyler I'm really sorry. I will be thinking of you and yours during this time for sure.

I'll be praying for you as much as possible, my friend. Be sure to talk with your bishop and get the support you need. You don't have to go through this alone. If I could be up there now to help you, I would, believe me. Everything that will happen will be for a reason, and I trust that you have the strength and ability to make it through this with courage and hope. There is ALWAYS hope for all of us.

Don't let yourself fear for the future. For now, be with your mother as much as you can. You can be her greatest strength, and as you help her, you'll find that you are helping yourself. If you can give her the resolve she needs to keep going, you'll find that same resolve within yourself. I know you'll be taken care of. Do not fear, my friend. If you need ANYTHING, please let me know. I'm looking out for you. Remember how wonderful the Plan of Salvation is.

It's always hard when someone you love is in pain. Stay strong. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hey Tyler, I am so so sorry to hear that. I have been going through the EXACT same thing with my dad. Around March of last year they found a tumor growing in behind his eye, and had moved down to the base brain. Its an awful thing to hear, I know, but you have to remain optimistic and have faith that things are gonna be alright.

I found A LOT of support here on the board when my dad got really sick, believe it or not, coming here everyday really helped me out. Tyler, I will pray for you and you family. I truly hope that the MRI shows something positive.

My dad has been up and down most of the year, and hes set to go back in Feb. for another MRI to see how the tumor responded to the radiation.

Have faith my friend, I know what you are going through, and a positive mind can get you through really tough times.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother... it is very difficult to deal an illness in a loved one. Be strong and take care of yourself and family, since thats whats really important. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

My prayers are with you and your mom. I know how it feels, my mother was very ill a few years back and needed a liver transplant. She was given two weeks to live, but by the grace of God they found a donor and she's still with us today. I hope that they find a way to get your mother well again, be strong for her.

I am sending my prayers and good thoughts for your mom.
The advances in medical treatment now are amazing. I am
keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I am sorry to hear this. My mom goes through bad health spells and scares too. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tyler, I have been diagnosed with this very exact thing myself. The good part in my life was that it was found early on when I was in highschool. I suffered from huge migraines, blurry vision because my tumour was pinching my optic nerves. I saw a neurologist as well and still to this day take yearly MRI's. Mine was benign and I hope your moms is as well. If it is too big they will want to go in and perform surgery just like every other tumor, but ask about these medications, Dostanix or Bromocriptine. Those are the medications I took to shrink the tumor and even though it is gone now, I still have to continue taking them so my tumor won't grow back. Have they done lab work on her? Were her prolactin and thyroid levels normal?

The downside to surgery to hit the pituitary tumor is that they would have to break the nose and start scraping without really knowing wether they are getting it all out and at times damage the gland itself. My sister had a friend who had the same news given to her and after her surgery she was unable to move the left side of her body for a few months. Hopefully your mom won't have to go for surgery but if they find the tumor to be too big then it has to come out before it hemorrages.

My entire endocrine system is completely screwed up because of this tumor, apparently I still have cells secreting high levels of prolactin which is abnormal in males.

My thoughts are with you and your Mom. Keep me posted on what they find on the MRI.

You, your Mom, and your family are in my prayers.
I hope and pray a good outcome out of this for you.
Texas (Houston) has MD Anderson Cancer Center, in case you are looking for optons.

Sorry to hear that. It's coming up on the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's death from a brain tumor so I know what you must be going through. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your mother.

Wow, lots of brain tumor stories amongst the Freaks. My mom just got through her second bout with breast cancer in 12 years - her last chemo treatment is next week, and everything seems to be fine now, and hair grows back fast - yay! Medicine is truly miraculous these days. Hopefully your mother's tumor turns out to be benign and she doesn't have to go through that though (Danny's story is uplifting in that respect), I'm sending positive energy and thoughts your way :grouphug

stay strong, shes gonna need you to be.

and keep an upbeat attitude at all times to keep her in one too.
...do this alot :chew :chew

Thanks for sharing this with us. I know it probably wasn't easy, but as you can see, even though we may not know you personally, our thoughts are with you and your Mom.

...and Danny, :duff

Tyler, I'm so sorry to hear this.... A Mother in pain is never easy to see... I watched my mother die slowly over the course of a year when I was 12, and it is something I would not wish on my worst enemies. Nearly destroyed me.

As Occ stated... be strong and keep the mood light. Make her feel invinceable. It will make things easier on everyone and will also give her inner strength a much needed boost. Most of all, be there for her and keep the faith that things will turn around.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and if you ever need anything... don't hesitate. I just hope it all ends well.

Just know you have an army of Freaks here pulling for her.... :cool:

Tyler. Man.
You just stay frosty fella!
I had no idea you were dealing with this earlier tonight.

I too have a Mom in bad health, and I know the fears and the daily grind of day to day. All my prayers and thoughts for you and your Mom and your family.

You have friends.

To you other freaks, Dannie especially, sorry to hear this about you too.

YOU ALL HAVE FRIENDS HERE!
We care.

I care.

Back