Shark City Ozark Jaws Statues and 1/6 Busts by Mike V. Shultz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnStanowski

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread for Mike V. Schultz's Shark City Ozark Jaws statues, especially since he has all new stuff coming out this year. I actually got the very first of this new 1:6 Scale Battle Bruce Bust and did a review on it. Here are some shots from the review:

KaijuAddicts-SCO-BruceBust-Hero.jpg

KaijuAddicts-SCO-BruceBust-BreakSurface-Black.jpg

KaijuAddicts-SCO-BruceBust-PhotoWithBruce.jpg

KaijuAddicts-SCO-BruceBust-SharkInChair.jpg

KaijuAddicts-SCO-BruceBust-SideView.jpg

I've had my eye on his sharks for a while now but never grabbed one until now and HOLY CRAP, I'm in love!
I especially like this bust since it's perfectly 1:6 scale, but I'm sure to grab his 25-inch full Bruce Shark later on this year when it comes out.
I usually review X-Plus and Godzilla stuff but made an exception for this beauty. If interested, the review is at Kaiju Addicts Full Review: Shark City Ozark 1:6 Scale Battle Bruce Bust -. Pre-orders just opened for it.

I'd really be interested to see photos of his older stuff if anyone has anything.

Really nice pics John, you killed it, again!

I'm very interested in this bust. The accuracy, scale and display options make this piece a home run. I LOVE the fact it is wall-mountable. But also like the breaching look when displayed on a table. I've always wanted to own one of the Schultz family JAWS statues, but I never could dedicate a 4' of shelf space to display him. Now this is offered at I believe his largest scale yet, I'm strongly considering purchasing a clean bust. The accuracy and finishing on this just looks to be collection worthy.

Edit:

Just realized in the Mike Schulz's site and Johns review it was medium gore version. Strange as it seems to look pretty clean aside from the accurate scratches and battle damage.

I was leaning towards a clean version but now after realizing the one I want is medium gore I'm a little confused. I wish there were clear cut examples of the 3 options.

Last edited:
Edit:

Just realized in the Mike Schulz's site and Johns review it was medium gore version. Strange as it seems to look pretty clean aside from the accurate scratches and battle damage.

I was leaning towards a clean version but now after realizing the one I want is medium gore I'm a little confused. I wish there were clear cut examples of the 3 options.

I did mention to Mike that he should show photos of all three versions.

i'm suprised by the lack of interest in this piece on this forum. This is Mike's finest sculpt im my opinion.

Really nice pics John, you killed it, again!

I'm very interested in this bust. The accuracy, scale and display options make this piece a home run. I LOVE the fact it is wall-mountable. But also like the breaching look when displayed on a table. I've always wanted to own one of the Schultz family JAWS statues, but I never could dedicate a 4' of shelf space to display him. Now this is offered at I believe his largest scale yet, I'm strongly considering purchasing a clean bust. The accuracy and finishing on this just looks to be collection worthy.

Edit:

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't pictures of the different options up. Maybe he's only made the one proto so far.
I'm sure he will get the pictures up once avaiable, like with the other products.

I'm sure you're aware that he will do whatever options you want. You can even send him a screen shot of your favourite scene and he will match it.

I'm expecting a three foot Maquette soon but I didn't think the grey mouth interiour looked natural so requested he made mine pink which he happily accomodated.
Never known a company that customises exactly what you want and I've gotta say that the whole process, dealing with Mike and Cathy, has been a breath of fresh air.
Such a great, dedicated, family business.

Everything that Collectorcol said is 100% accurate.

This looks great!
Question though - Can it be wall mounted? Meaning, doe it have some sort of hooks, loops, or some sort of mounting hardware in the back?

This looks great!
Question though - Can it be wall mounted? Meaning, doe it have some sort of hooks, loops, or some sort of mounting hardware in the back?

I asked the Schultz family over email if it's wall mountable and Cathy said it was wall mountable.

do to the angle of the bust appearing like it's breaching when displayed on a desktop; if it was wall mounted it would have to be mounted towards the ceiling to compensate for the angle of the base of the bust. It doesn't display straight like the previous 1/6 bust.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have this in hand yet? It doesn't look like the website has been updated with a clear picture of the 3 styles/gore, just clean and heavy, no medium. I can't decide if I like the gore more. I typically would say bloodier the better, but the clean might look more realistic.

452976_orig.jpg

Does anyone else have this in hand yet? It doesn't look like the website has been updated with a clear picture of the 3 styles/gore, just clean and heavy, no medium. I can't decide if I like the gore more. I typically would say bloodier the better, but the clean might look more realistic.

I was told by Mike that the first bust made, the one in my review (Kaiju Addicts Full Review: Shark City Ozark 1:6 Scale Battle Bruce Bust -)and the one in the photos I used to start this thread, represented the "Medium" Gore version.

I'm a little confused though because the "Clean" version pictured above doesn't look that much different from mine. You should probably contact him and get him to clarify.

You can try him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sharkcityozark or at his web site: Contact Us - Welcome to Mike V. Schultz - Shark City Ozark.

I was told by Mike that the first bust made, the one in my review (Kaiju Addicts Full Review: Shark City Ozark 1:6 Scale Battle Bruce Bust -)and the one in the photos I used to start this thread, represented the "Medium" Gore version.

I'm a little confused though because the "Clean" version pictured above doesn't look that much different from mine. You should probably contact him and get him to clarify.

You can try him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sharkcityozark or at his web site: Contact Us - Welcome to Mike V. Schultz - Shark City Ozark.

I emailed him for clarification. Thank you John for the help. I think the one in your review looks just right to me. I'm also liking the new bust sketch...would like to see that one before making a purchase.

5554953.jpg

Medium.. After seeing that last photo I wish I went with Heavy

I can't decide. :gah: I think the clean might look more real, only because the shark is in the water so when it eats it really shouldn't have a lot of blood around his mouth because the water would wash it off...I think. The blood does look really cool though no doubt about that.

Back