Mythic Legions by Four Horsemen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xequae

Super Freak
Reaction score
I see there is a post on Gothitroplis, but not Mythic Legions. It just passed its funding goal this morning and is now working on stretch goals. There are 6 basic figures and 19 standard figures unlocked. Currently there are 4 figures in the stretch goals that need unlocked.

Plus voting is going on in the Four Horsemen forums for the Fan Exclusive figure.

I'm still trying to decide exactly which figures to get. Currently I have the 16 figure pledge, but may change that to get more of the unlocked figures and not all of the early figures.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-stu/description

all-in.jpg

Last edited:
I jumped on board this too a few days ago. Really wish there was some kind of all-in pledge that offered a price break like the Marauder's or Boss Fight Kickstarters had. These add up quick. I suspect we'll unlock the second stretch goal tonight so they better hurry and put up the next round, if not the next couple quickly!

Yeah, I hope they update the pledge levels for anyone who wants to go all in or at least add all of the extra figures. Hopefully they will update some of this information in the next couple of days.

The $150,000 goal is unlocked:
Vitus
f810a51201875f908906453365589e74_large.jpg

Asterlionn
66f14aa7f8d802a8b7710f8416fa9752_large.jpg

Still no pics of the figures for the $160,000 goal.

I was looking through these the other week and pretty much got a headache. It's just way too much going on and way too many figures to try to keep track of for me. Feels less unique than Gothitropolis to me too. Like a generic WOW or something too familiar.

Yeah,there is quite alot to choose from.I can't get them all and picking and choose is getting tough for each figure that gets unlocked and added. They are $33 each and that adds up quick

Yeah, each figure that gets unlocked is another figure I can't afford. It would be great to get them all, but with Azhar and Zazhar unlocked it is up to $920 for every figure without including stands for them and it sounds like they are planning on adding more. One problem with a Kickstarter like this is you have to put all the money up at once. It would be nice if you could make monthly payments or break them up somehow. One thing I hope they add is an all in on the stretch goals that discounts them similar to the first 16. If they do that and it isn't too much, I may go that route and pick and choose from the first 16 figures.

Yeah, each figure that gets unlocked is another figure I can't afford. It would be great to get them all, but with Azhar and Zazhar unlocked it is up to $920 for every figure without including stands for them and it sounds like they are planning on adding more. One problem with a Kickstarter like this is you have to put all the money up at once. It would be nice if you could make monthly payments or break them up somehow. One thing I hope they add is an all in on the stretch goals that discounts them similar to the first 16. If they do that and it isn't too much, I may go that route and pick and choose from the first 16 figures.

I think the biggest annoyance of this is if you don't go in now on some figures or all,you'll end up regretting or paying more for these later...The Gothitropolis Ravens indicates that.There is no guarantee they'll ever reach their store and then if they do,its dealing with the quick sellouts.So it's kinda like if you want them,get them now

I think the biggest annoyance of this is if you don't go in now on some figures or all,you'll end up regretting or paying more for these later...The Gothitropolis Ravens indicates that.There is no guarantee they'll ever reach their store and then if they do,its dealing with the quick sellouts.So it's kinda like if you want them,get them now

Yeah, that's the biggest problem. All and once and no guarantee they'll be available later. I think if anything, the Ravens have proved you need to buy them now because they won't be available later. And pretty much anything 4H has a history of appreciating in value. I mean dropping a grand here could net 2 or 3 next year if you just flip what you backed. Just crazy.

Its going to be interesting to see how well the kickstarter does now because the more they unlock, the more expensive it will be to go all in and just get one of everything. They really need to offer some kind of break. Even if they offered an all-in pledge for 1 of everything at $1,000 it would probably end up being a good deal.

Personally I believe they have gone too far with this one. Why pffer so many characters at the same time? Why have they not gone the Gothitropolis way. Give us one character in a dozen variants per project. Just my 2 cents, but who am I. I still regret that I dont own any GT figure. :slap

So if I want Attlus The Conquerer I have to buy one of the builder figures, right? It's not the biggest deal, I like Carpathius but it would have been nice if I could have picked just him.

So if I want Attlus The Conquerer I have to buy one of the builder figures, right? It's not the biggest deal, I like Carpathius but it would have been nice if I could have picked just him.

You can buy Carpathius for $45 and then add on Attlus for $33 if you are in the US or $68 and $40 if you are international.

That's what I thought. Wish I could have just started with Attlus though and bought others if I got a hankering.

Personally I believe they have gone too far with this one. Why pffer so many characters at the same time? Why have they not gone the Gothitropolis way. Give us one character in a dozen variants per project. Just my 2 cents, but who am I. I still regret that I dont own any GT figure. :slap

I feel the exact opposite, I only felt the need to buy one "Ravens" figure, and that was more of a show of support for the Horsemen than anything. It seemed pretty lame to me that each figure was identical except for paintjob and headsculpt (and maybe accessories). Having a wide selection of really cool characters is way more likely to get more money out of me, and isn't that usually the case? I mean, who would have bought into Masters of the Universe Classics if the first 12 figures were all He-Man variants?

Well, to be fair this is kinda like a modern version of the He-man business model. Design a few base bodies and mix and match parts while adding unique elements and painting to each different character. They are trying to get the most value out of the tooling and sculpting.

I dont know why you complaint " so many characters " . More characters = better

I'm excited about the diversity of characters. I really like the Gothitroplis figures, but wish there was some variation in them. With this line we get all sorts of different characters from humans and dwarves to skeletons and minotaurs. The one issue is trying to decide which figures to order. I would like to army build some of the figures like skeletons and if they add goblins, but it is a stretch to get the figures I want as it is.

I dont know why you complaint " so many characters " . More characters = better

more characters just makes it harder to pick, that's all....most of us collect so many other things and it's difficult to buy so many of these or everything.They are not cheap as every $33 figure adds up quick

Well, to be fair this is kinda like a modern version of the He-man business model. Design a few base bodies and mix and match parts while adding unique elements and painting to each different character. They are trying to get the most value out of the tooling and sculpting.

Ya, definitely. I know some collectors hate any sort of parts re-use, but I like it when it's done right. Kind of like Warhol's variations on a theme. Of course, if it's overdone, that's no good either (like Hasbro's love for the Bullseye buck). I think MOTU/MOTUC strike a really good balance, and Mythic Legions looks to be striking that as well.

I wanted Attlus & Urkku, but thought they were too similar.
Now Asterionn is in that mix.

more characters just makes it harder to pick, that's all....most of us collect so many other things and it's difficult to buy so many of these or everything.They are not cheap as every $33 figure adds up quick

Thats exactly what I mean. If I decide to collect this line I would want to be complete and allin. As a European collector however it is just to expensive this way. I dont mind the mass of different characters, just dont give me them all at the same time. These will be a pain to get ln secondary market, so it is unlikely that you will find the ones you have passed on on the secondary market.

Anyway... Something that I really like about this line is that they look to match a little better with MOTUC. Gothitropolis is almost Mcfarlane hyper detailed. These look more simplified and will add a nice variation to the He-Man shelf. I can already see Teela fighting against a few Skeletons while He-Man is helping some Knights against Skeletor and Beastman. Damn... Too late. Habe to buy them. :slap

Back