Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seph Stampede

Super Freak
Reaction score
unite.jpeg

Searched the forum and couldn't find a thread for this film. Figured we could have a place to discuss it outside of the Batman V Superman thread.

How are folks feeling about Momoa so far?

that is suppose to be Aquaman? more terrible casting

Yeah, what the hell, a DC thread that isn't about Batman?! Such blasphemy... :monkey4

Anyway, I don't really know much about Aquaman; never really cared about him at all. But, Momoa played a fitting role as Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones. And, I'm not sure what's up with that poster, but I'm definitely getting an "under the sea" Drogo vibe from it...

I guess DC is still going with the "Dark Theme" which Nolan did. Not sure it works here.

I can see it working. I mean, they've changed Superman and Batman, so why not Aquaman too? Shake things up a little.

Couldn't agree more. I'm bummed we're not getting the classic look Aquaman, but I've always been fascinated by Polynesian culture and aesthetic, and I'm really interested to see where they take this. I'm all for change if it services the story and the character, even in unexpected ways. In regards to Momoa, it seems like it's coming from a place of great pride and respect, so that's an encouraging thought.

I know very little of Aquaman, outside of his appearances in Smallville. I like Mamoa for the part. He has the right physique, though he is another that is 6'4". Everyone is going to be bigger than Superman in the Justice League.....well except Wonder Woman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he looks badass. Looking forward to this.

Wonder how they're gonna do the underwater nature of the movie

I'm also very interested that. Will the Atlanteans just live in an open city in the sea, or a domed city? Or something else entirely?

I'm especially curious to know how they'll cast Mera and Orm, assuming they're involved at all.

Back