Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
10993495_429450233877981_7011604248110284953_n.jpg

Wtf ... Wow really didn't think it was gonna happen

I'm excited but not expecting a masterpiece. Just an Aliens movie with more action and better cinematography than Prometheus seems like a reasonable expectation.

Just an Aliens movie with more action and better cinematography than Prometheus seems like a reasonable expectation.

:lol:lol:lol:lol good one.

But seriously, re-read the title. It's Neill Blomkamp's film. NEILL. BLOMKAMP's.

District 9 was great and Eylisium's cinematography wasn't the problem so much as Fatt Damon.
Brometheus may be a terrible film, but the cinematography is awesome (minus the usual modern color filters).
Skott's a master of technical stuff, his movies always has great visuals.

Now Blomkamp... What was perfect for D9 turned painfully annoying and tasteless for something as hollywoodie and dumb as Eylisium. If this is what he's gonna do with ALIENS then I'm can't expect it to be a good looking movie.

The artwork is what has me excited for this.

neillblomkampalien6.jpg

neillblomkampalien3.jpg

neillblomkampalien2.jpg

neillblomkampalien4.jpg

It feels very expanded universe. Much like how the comics and the early video games (not the newer s****y ones) took the aesthetic of the films, but then went into different directions and environments with it. Bring it on.

Variety picked up the story. They say it will be set "years after the Prometheus sequel." Still more reference to it being a continuation of the prequels instead of ALIENS. Hmmm.

Alien: New Movie Confirmed with Director Neill Blomkamp | Variety

What the ****. Did they manage to miss all the art work showing Ripley and Hicks which was the very raison-d'etre for most people caring about this whole damn thing?

And if they have dropped that whole concept then ''what the hell are we talkin' about this forrrrr'', why get us excited about one thing but greenlight something else entirely.

Did Fox think that his artwork conveyed the right "mood" but then commissioned him to follow up on Scott's work instead? Man I hope not. Hopefully we hear something from Sigourney or Biehn soon.

Variety picked up the story. They say it will be set "years after the Prometheus sequel." Still more reference to it being a continuation of the prequels instead of ALIENS. Hmmm.

Alien: New Movie Confirmed with Director Neill Blomkamp | Variety

Well, that makes sense. If the Prometheus films are indirect prequels, then of course something with actual Xenomorphs will take place later. I don't know that it would necessarily have ties with the Prometheus franchise; not even Ridley Scott seems to know where those films are going, plot-wise.

This is a great news for people who collect alien merchandise. I hope HT and Sideshow will make more Maquette based on this film.

From that article

Fox hopes Blomkamp, who last directed “Elysium,” can take the franchise to the next level

Don't use the word franchise, don't even imply further movies. Just make one good film FFS. It doesn't need to be the start of a new trilogy. That hasn't been working out too well for Terminator, has it.

Did Fox think that his artwork conveyed the right "mood" but then commissioned him to follow up on Scott's work instead? Man I hope not. Hopefully we hear something from Sigourney or Biehn soon.

Ugh, I hope not!

Back