What Star Wars quote would you change or add differently?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bum

Pirate Ninja
Reaction score
Of course, Star Wars is Star Wars.
"Use the Force"
"May the Force be with you"
"Do or do not, there is no try"

These movie quotes have been instilled in our movie-going heads since the beginning. BUT, here is your chance to change a line or two, have creative liberties, or explore what COULD have been edited out.

For Example:
Lando: "I'm sorry old buddy, but this bounty hunter got here before you... and he offered me a 6-pack of some ice cold Colt .45"

Mace Windu: "Hand me my lightsaber. It's the one tha says Bad Mutha******"

In ANH on the Death Star, when Vader says:

"I sense something. I pressence I've not felt since..."

The word "Mustafar" should follow "since". I think it would be a subtle add-in that would link episodes 3 and 4 nicely.

Xander said:

The word "Mustafar" should follow "since". I think it would be a subtle add-in that would link episodes 3 and 4 nicely.

I think that line is fine as it is, the way it's cut off gives it a mental quality of Vader stopping to say in his mind, it couldn't be Obi-Wan, to say Mustafar would show more remember going on and make it seem less was going on in Vader's head that you don't hear.

"Hold me like you did back on the Lake at Naboo"
should be
"Quit moaning, ya tard. Can;t you see I'm sexy? You're the only Jedi in the galaxy who gets laid on a regular basis (not counting Ki-Adi Mundi and his several wives) so just learn to enjoy it and be patient! Now take off that glove and hit the vibrate switch, I'm feeling ansy.

The only line that consistently bugs me everytime I watch it is this one...

"only a master of evil Darth..."

Why?

Because of the way that it is delivered and written. From it's delivery it'sobvious - to me anyway - that it was meant to be a first name. Not a title as Uncle George would have us believe he always had in mind.

If that was the case the line would have been...

"only a master of evil Vader..."

or

"only a master of evil, Darth..." as in - I laugh at your title...

This always throws me out of the a film I have seen about 50-100 times...

But there is no way for them to change it and that makes me.

:monkey2

That line used to bug me, too. Recently I've decided that it's delivered in a snarky way to show disrespect, as if no one else calls him by his first name. So then I thought, maybe it could be a disrespect of the title and now I hear it as, "only a master of evil, 'Darth.'" Like a pacifist might call his brother who disappeared 30 minutes in a movie only to show up latter in miltary garb as "luitenant".

couldn't agree more!

the point I was making though is that it isn't delivered that way by Guinness. It doesn't have the slightest note of that inference.

Which is a shame!

Maybe George will digitally create a Guiness for that scene for the super duper 'honest this will be the ultimate version' absolutely, mega-final edition and put this in.

I hate HATE how in ROTS Anakin yells "You will try!" not the words, just the WAY he says it. Cmon George, there wasn't a better take? He said it like a 6 year old would.

Knowing what we know now - its more likely he would have actually said

"Only a master of evil Anakin".

Given the nature of their relationship I doubt Obi Wan would ever come to think of Anakin as Darth Vader. Of course that would have killed the surprise - but I've heard conflicting reports that Lucas hadn't decided that Vader was Luke's father at that point in time anyway.

LordAzrael said:

Given the nature of their relationship I doubt Obi Wan would ever come to think of Anakin as Darth Vader. Of course that would have killed the surprise - but I've heard conflicting reports that Lucas hadn't decided that Vader was Luke's father at that point in time anyway.

I like that he says "Darth" it's kind of a slap to the face. Kinda like "You suck......DARTH"

LordAzrael said:

It wouldn't fit to say Anakin, knowing what the Empire has been doing over the years and Vader's participation in it all, Obi-Wan no longer sees his Padawan, he sees Darth Vader "more machine now than man, twisted and evil." Had Lucas written the Mustafar Duel in a way that Obi-Wan just abandoned all hope for Anakin, I'm sure he would have called him Darth there, but it was done that right up until Anakin forced Obi-Wan to strike him down, Obi-Wan held out hope that his brother could be saved.

Xander said:

Change to:

"I sense something. I pressence I've not felt since Obi Wan Kenobi handed me my ass."

I pretend that Eps I and II don't exist (except for :maul ) and since we all know that the OT is perfect ( ;) ) I will focus on two moments in ROTS that really bothered me:

1) The entire Mace/Chancellor scene, esp when he is about to become prune face - they really cheesed that one up.

2) I wish that Lucas wouldn't have felt the need to insert his own politics into the Obi/Anakin duel - the whole "absolutes," blah, blah; it felt out of place.

abstractharmony said:
The only line that consistently bugs me everytime I watch it is this one...

"only a master of evil Darth..."

Why?

Because of the way that it is delivered and written. From it's delivery it'sobvious - to me anyway - that it was meant to be a first name. Not a title as Uncle George would have us believe he always had in mind.

If that was the case the line would have been...

"only a master of evil Vader..."

or

This always throws me out of the a film I have seen about 50-100 times...

But there is no way for them to change it and that makes me.

The way I see that one is Obi-Wan has come to terms with what his former friend had become. THat was the first time in the saga that Obi-wan said it to his face. It's almost like he's mocking him. Belittling him by calling him 'Darth' instead of 'Anakin'.

The way I see that one is Obi-Wan has come to terms with what his former friend had become. THat was the first time in the saga that Obi-wan said it to his face. It's almost like he's mocking him. Belittling him by calling him 'Darth' instead of 'Anakin'.

I get that this is what it is meant to be but the delivery doesn't do that. This is what throws me.

If it was done in a belittling manner it would be awesome but as it is now it's just...

abstractharmony said:
I get that this is what it is meant to be but the delivery doesn't do that. This is what throws me.

If it was done in a belittling manner it would be awesome but as it is now it's just...

I understand, but you are assuming that GL had the whole thing thought out when he originally wrote those lines. The PT does bring up many continuity errors, which is somewhat understandable considering the time gap in the writing.

Wor-Gar said:
When Luke leaps to the bridge above Vader in the Emperor's throne room, I think he should say:

Don't try it. I have the high ground.

:D

They had a whole scene about that line in Gilmore Girls last season. ...Not that I watch Gilmore Girls.

Back