Asmus Toys - Bard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
156063_10152557299501968_734870788459786067_n.jpg

Rather not get into a "which is better" position. Asmus is better off just letting the ACI purchases pass. It's not like they don't have other stuff to show.

Saruman
Gandalf Grey
Mouth of Sauron
Hobbit status
Eowyn final
teases for next round of figures...

I'd like to know the status of the Build-an-Orc as well.

Rather not get into a "which is better" position. Asmus is better off just letting the ACI purchases pass. It's not like they don't have other stuff to show.

Saruman
Gandalf Grey
Mouth of Sauron
Hobbit status
Eowyn final
teases for next round of figures...

I'd like to know the status of the Build-an-Orc as well.

oh yea def don't want to get into that debate. You're right, Asmus is prolly just waiting for ACI's to pass which is a smart move by them. I'm happy with all the love that LOTR is getting. I wish it was back before I switched to PFs for my LOTR collection b/c these all look great. I still love seeing the releases though and characters we haven't seen before getting made

nice. Looks like it will be a great figure. Really considering amending my collecting of selected ones, to expand to the entire LOTR and Hobbit universe as they are all looking too good to pass up

Omgosh!

Is the likeness 110% spot on? No. It rarely is. Even Hot Toys doesn't always get it right.

I'm VERY pleased with how this is turning out right now. God, I hope this is released soon. I love Bard.

And I would love to do a Dracula Untold custom with this sculpt. :pray:

The face itself looks pretty good to me, the hair could use some refinement (more browns in there than gray highlights).

I'm still on the fence about adding The Hobbit to my LOTR display. But both Tauriel and Bard look very tempting in their own right. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, the hair is too heavy on the grey highlights.

latest

But overall, I'm not complaining. So excited!

The nose is a bit too pointy. And there's something about the lips. And I agree to tone down the highlights or grays and needs a bit more hair on top.

Omgosh!

Is the likeness 110% spot on? No. It rarely is. Even Hot Toys doesn't always get it right.

I'm VERY pleased with how this is turning out right now. God, I hope this is released soon. I love Bard.

And I would love to do a Dracula Untold custom with this sculpt. :pray:

yea man good idea!! hoping that you will make vlad in his dragon armor.
THAT ARMOR in the movie so bad ass, cant believe there is none of the studios making this.
it make me think that not anyone can make that armor ;)

I think maybe the mouth is a bit too WIDE...the lips bug me a little, but it may be that they are too wide. But that is pretty nitpicky...I love it so far!!

It looks good, but I think there is a problem with the mouth. The lips are to pronounced, Bard always seemed to be a bit under tension and especially the lower lip should be "stiffer". Compare it in the pics above to see what I mean.

It does look like he might be pursing his lips a little bit.

Back