Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Awesomeness....

Sideshow and CoolProps are proud to present the Predator 2 Life-Size Bust Prop Replica from the 1990 movie Predator 2. This predator puts the citizens of the city of Los Angeles in a huge panic.

By utilizing resources from the movie-used suit that Kevin Peter Hall wore, they were able to commercialize the true face of a predator. CoolProps has recreated the characteristic paint of his face based on the color pattern seen in the movie. Every inch of dreadlocks from the original movie-used prop was measured and artists used 6 different kinds of thoroughly restored dread rings. All details were based on the original movie-used prop from Stan Winston Studio. Paint tint was restored from 26 years ago when the actual movie was filmed. Artists at Coolprops analyzed animal bones, which were used for decorations, and restored their shapes.

This Predator bust will be a new trophy for any Predator fans out there!

$1199.99. No ES, but it will be limited in numbers.

grilYCk.jpg

VPRH6iP.jpg

dqdXyK9.jpg

9uGSfX0.jpg

YYXpNvm.jpg

4JWBmd1.jpg

v8pX6vB.jpg

TrCYUrG.jpg

tnylATq.jpg

Y5AKvB1.jpg

PB0l8qY.jpg

5SfTnLF.jpg

jgQbYIV.jpg

JiafbN7.jpg

KHppLbn.jpg

ot2DhTJ.jpg

E6kbgs0.jpg

Damn. With a proper screen accuracy and a decent paint app this could be the bomb. There's no Predator like the City Hunter, as far as details go.

EDIT: Python, is there a Coolprops area also in the other board?

Yeah, they clearly designed it to fit in with the SSC P1. It looks great though, I'm looking forward to seeing it painted. If anything, maybe the edges of the dreads could be thinned out a little to make them look more individual.

I was worried about the price also after that last rip off bio. I can't imagine they sold many of those however so hopefully they will have taken the hint and price this one fairly.

Omg......I've been waiting for this for years. They did what ss was too lazy to do. Keep it around 1k please. Pretty please.

Omg......I've been waiting for this for years. They did what ss was too lazy to do. Keep it around 1k please. Pretty please.

Sideshow will probably distribute this as they did the bios. I can't see that price point though given the last coolprops bio wasn't a million miles off.

The sculpt looks good.
But those guys will have some tough time to push the accuracy to the same level as p1, wolf and berserker busts cuz those came from original molds from VFX studio.
When it comes to life size, I always turn to be very picky cuz I don't want to have a scaled up hottoys version predator bust .

With a $600 bio I doubt that price point very much....

If ecc can pull out a great piece like the Lycan for $1200, I won't go any higher than $1500 on this one. That's my realistic expectation for this.

The sculpt looks good.
But those guys will have some tough time to push the accuracy to the same level as p1, wolf and berserker busts cuz those came from original molds from VFX studio.
When it comes to life size, I always turn to be very picky cuz I don't want to have a scaled up hottoys version predator bust .

This looks to be the most accurate p2 sculpt so far.

Well, if the Predator 2 maquette does indeed get cancelled at the end of the day, I know what to put my spare £700 towards! Considering the timing of this reveal, coincidence or not, one could construe this as a bit of an 'up yours' to Sideshow.

The sculpt on this looks great so far, and I love how it looks to be a good companion piece to the SSC P1 bust. A lot easier to display and less to get damaged than say the Berserker bust which, although dramatic and impressive, is way too impractical in it's weight and the fragile sculpted dreadlocks.

As already said, paint and price will tell...

Back