Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Just announced
Spiderman Marvel Studios: Disney To Produce Next Spider-Man Movie

SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT BRINGS MARVEL STUDIOS INTO THE AMAZING WORLD OF SPIDER-MAN

New Spider-Man Will Appear First in an Upcoming Marvel Film Within Marvel’s Cinematic Universe

Marvel’s Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

Last edited:
Re: OFFICIAL: Marvel Studios Spider-Man

''Bringing Marvel into the Amazing world of Spiderman''

:lol okey dokey.

But cool!

Amy Pascal

After reading those leaked emails I'm pretty sure being forced to collaborate with this person will be the end for Marvel Studios.

I'm really not a big Spider-Man fan, but, for some reason, I couldn't help but smile while reading that press release. I think it's the sheer whimsy of it. It's kind of unbelievable, when you think of how much work they probably had to do to reach a point where they were both on the same page, and stay there long enough to sign on the dotted line.

"Sony pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spiderman films"

sony finally gave up

giphy.gif

Cool, Spidey's right up MS alley, they will certainly nail the character.

I don't want the X-men to go to MS just yet, but Spiderman was long overdue.

So excited to have my favorite Marvel character back home! I have hope for a proper Venom one day too!

The MCU films he appears in presumably won't be held hostage to Sony's whims. And of course, Marvel Studios gains the ability to integrate Spidey into their other movies.

This sounds like good news, particularly with Feige producing the next Spidey movie. Hopefully it will be a long term collaboration.

so does this mean anything for Cap A. 3?

Sounds like he's an MCU character when he's in a Marvel film but still 100% Sony in solo films.

Everybody wins, especially the fans.

Ah okay, Marvel is going to make a ton off of merchandising with all the memorabilia thats going to be made with a Spidey apart of the MCU.

Back