The Titans - Live action version of DC's Teen Titans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like TNT is moving forward with the show and it will be starring our first live action version of **** Grayson as Nightwing.

The other characters involved (in the pilot at least) are Hawk, Dove, Raven, Starfire and Oracle.

More information about each character and the show here: Exclusive: Which DC Characters Will Be on TNT

I'm interested to see how this show will turn up, but I can't really think of any shows on TNT that I have ever watched or liked :lol

Last edited:
Re: The Titans (TNT) - Live action version of DC's Teen Titans

No Beast Boy? Come on. I wish this was going to be a big budget movie instead of a dumb basic cable show.

Another TV show? That's 6 tv shows now! :lol Did DC/WB gave up on films and competing with Marvel? :dunno

Yes, another DC-based live action show! Soooo excited...

Cyborg is supposedly in the movies so obviously he won't show up here. Kind of surprised Barbara Gordon is a member. Hopefully they will give her character some credit instead of whatever the hell is going on with her on Gotham.

Cyborg is supposedly in the movies so obviously he won't show up here.
Flash is going to be in the movies and TV show. I haven't cared for any of the recent DC TV stuff I've seen, though I haven't seen Flash yet. I'm crossing fingers that this is good though, because I'm a long-time Titans fan. Hopefully they'll at least have cameos by Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Wonder Girl. The use of Hawk and Dove makes me hope they'll eventually bring in the really obscure Titans from the '70s like Mal Duncan, Bumblebee, and Harlequin (no relation to Harley Quinn).

I hope the pilot features Control Freak trapping them inside an episode of "Pretty Pretty Pegasus" until they figure out how to overcome their dilemma with the power of friendship.

Cyborg is supposedly in the movies so obviously he won't show up here. Kind of surprised Barbara Gordon is a member. Hopefully they will give her character some credit instead of whatever the hell is going on with her on Gotham.

That Barbara isn't on Gotham - that would be her mom.

And there's no way it can be as good as Teen Titans Go.

Gotham takes place some 15 years before Titans would exist.

And as Michael said, that is her mom.

I would rather see her start as Batgirl.

Felicity on Arrow is pretty much Oracle......

Looks like TNT is moving forward with the show and it will be starring our first live action version of **** Grayson as Nightwing.

The other characters involved (in the pilot at least) are Hawk, Dove, Raven, Starfire and Oracle.

More information about each character and the show here: Exclusive: Which DC Characters Will Be on TNT

I'm interested to see how this show will turn up, but I can't really think of any shows on TNT that I have ever watched or liked :lol

No robin? No wonder girl!? No kid flash?

WTH is going on?

That's not the reasoning, the goal is to expand the universe according to rumor. As for Barbara, this takes a weird twist. This is supposed to start with Robin leaving Batman and then going to Bludheaven which jumps the Teen Titans stuff and goes into Nightwing without calling him Nightwing yet. Barbara as Oracle pushes time too. It's a new timeline for sure.

I'm down for it!

Me too, I loved the Teen Titans and will take the show in any form.

That Barbara isn't on Gotham - that would be her mom. And there's no way it can be as good as Teen Titans Go.

Here is the weird thing though, Barbara Keane and Jim Gordon haven't even married yet so it's let's assume that won't happen for a couple of seasons, you're still years out from Barbara fully being Oracle. Bruce is 12 in the show, even if he took on Robin in his 20s like the New 52 seems to put forth, a young Robin getting older and then leaving at an early 20s would still be 8 years on top of that let's say. So there is something like a 20-25 year gap between that and this. I wouldn't expect much crossover or even mention.

No Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)? No Kid Flash (Wally West)? No Changeling or Cyborg? Fail.

I have a feeling that they'll use them as Fanboy bait. Watch a few episodes then suddenly a Donna mention or sighting, then Wally, etc. They won't add them outright because it is a way to hook fans of the Titans already.

Gotham takes place some 15 years before Titans would exist.

That's conservative but even then I'm sure we'll see some Batgirl action in Flashbacks.

Felicity on Arrow is pretty much Oracle......

Agreed, I have a feeling you'll see Barbara take on a similar role, similar personality type.

I have a feeling that they'll use them as Fanboy bait. Watch a few episodes then suddenly a Donna mention or sighting, then Wally, etc. They won't add them outright because it is a way to hook fans of the Titans already.

That makes sense. I hope that happens. :D

The more, the merrier. Bring it.

Another TV show? That's 6 tv shows now! :lol Did DC/WB gave up on films and competing with Marvel? :dunno

The funny thing is DC is doing what Marvel did with their films initially - farm them out to other studios. Marvel is keeping all of their shows together either though ABC or Netflix. DC is throwing them all over the place - CW (internal), Fox, NBC, TNT, Cartoon Network or whatever the toons are on :lol I wonder if splitting these up with come back to bite them like it did for Marvel's films.

That's prolly why they are keeping the tv and movie universes separated.

The funny thing is DC is doing what Marvel did with their films initially - farm them out to other studios. Marvel is keeping all of their shows together either though ABC or Netflix. DC is throwing them all over the place - CW (internal), Fox, NBC, TNT, Cartoon Network or whatever the toons are on :lol I wonder if splitting these up with come back to bite them like it did for Marvel's films.

Marvel did it out of desperation for cash back in the day, surely WB isn't hurting that badly, so I wonder what their motivation of spreading their properties around is?

Well WB pretty much owns or has a share in those that produce their work, so I'm sure it works sufficiently well.

I noticed people were complaining about the potential love triangle of Babs/****/Kory and honestly Arrow does the same exact thing. Don't see what would be wrong. Granted most comic love stories really fail unless they are impacting like Gwen/MJ/Peter.

I want to see a lot of sidekicks being shown, and definitely would be fantastic to get some great stories, I would personally have preferred Batgirl over Oracle. Reason would be that "The Killing Joke" has to be one of the most phenomenal arc I have ever read; and it definitely would have such a role of Robin's transition into Nightwing. He blames Bruce for it, yet he knows Bruce couldn't do much. Much like Todd in Under the Red Hood, they question why Batman doesn't just end Joker. I think that brings a lot of character, also the Titans are more family oriented than the JL or JSA. Titans get being in the shadows of their mentor, and while they fight a lot, they get close together.

Leading on that, seeing many Titans die is pretty grueling for sure. While it gets predictable and you know it will happen, it doesn't make it less meaningful. I mean jeez, I have seen Ben Kenobi get cut down several dozen times, and it still gets me every ****ing time! So on that, please let get Tula, Terra, Don/Dawn, Donna, Connor, Bart Allen, and so on. If done well, and with many members and certainly plenty of villains, I think this could be one of the best ideas out there. I mean it could literally be a combination of The Blacklist/Homeland/Crime Solving drama/Castle like wittiness/ Arrow badassery and just so much. I have high hopes, hopefully TNT can exceed that.

I think its a CW requirement for a love Triangle. All their shows have it :lol I mean Arrow and Flash alone have the Oliver, Facility, Laurel, Barry, Isis, Eddie, etc triangles

Back