NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephiroth1089

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like we got a teaser for Christopher Reeve superman

B8tIzCKIQAAaURj.jpg

So far it seems we'll see Penguin, Arkham Knight Batman and Christopher Reeve Superman at toy fair. Randy stated in a tweet that there are 5 quarter scale figures they're showing off.

Link to the tweet

In a perfect world, Randy would be running Hot Toys. I see stuff like this, and Penguin, and Arkham Knight Batman, and it makes me wish that NECA could break into the high-end market. Could you imagine if their 89 Batman was a true multimedia piece with high quality paint apps? They'd be unstoppable. Stuff like this and Adam West, especially; they don't really lend themselves to fully sculpted bodies (whereas, with Keaton, they could get away with it).

Oh man.. I am excited and nervous about this. When I was collecting 1/6 scale the Reeve Superman was my centerpiece and most prized figure. I'm not even a Superman fanatic but something about that figure and the head-sculpt was just majestic. I very reluctantly sold it when I made the switch and I've been hoping that maybe Hot Toys would revisit it in 1/4 scale. So I am excited to see NECA take the challenge but I pray that it comes out better than the Thor and Tony Stark face sculpts. Reeve is so iconic.. You can NOT mess up his likeness and get away with it. Come on NECA.. This is big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish that they would use a fabric suit to cover the joints but based on the picture this does not appear to be the case. Their MOS figure has far too many visible joints.

2015 is gonna be a great year for NECA, they become my fav company out there making great figure with great price.

I really wish that they would use a fabric suit to cover the joints but based on the picture this does not appear to be the case. Their MOS figure has far too many visible joints.

The ab joint is the biggest problem. Its just way too noticeable. The face sculpt was off too which didn't help. NECA doesn't do a great job on faces. They're usually somewhat off.

The ab joint is the biggest problem. Its just way too noticeable. The face sculpt was off too which didn't help. NECA doesn't do a great job on faces. They're usually somewhat off.

That is why I am afraid! Lol.. I hope they step up and nail the sculpt and paint job. As far as the ab crunch, I would rather it not be there are all.

That's what stopped me from getting their MOS figure. The likeness wasn't there. Hopefully their 18" BVS Superman (If they do some figures for that movie) looks more like Henry Cavill. I'm definitely getting that Reeve Superman though!

excited for sure but waiting for toy fair before organizing a parade.

AB joint makes me nervous for this one and the CR likeness isn't always that easy to capture. Batman is one thing, for me CR superman has to be perfect at 1/4 scale or not at all. A high end hot toys 1/4 CR superman has been my grail.

That's what stopped me from getting their MOS figure. The likeness wasn't there. Hopefully their 18" BVS Superman (If they do some figures for that movie) looks more like Henry Cavill. I'm definitely getting that Reeve Superman though!

At least that figure was close to $100.

There's people that paid four times that for SSC's PF that looks even worse than NECA's efforts (AND its freaking PVC)

Pretty excited for this.
Hope it has a decent likeness.

NECA really needs some better sculptors.

Last edited:
Yeah the likeness on some of these leaves something to be desired. Their Batmen have good likenesses but it's easy to get away with that, due to the cowl. However since their 7 inch 1989 Movie Batman had a full face sculpted underneath the cowl, and it looked pretty accurate, there could be hope yet.

They're better than anyone else when it comes to creatures like Predators and Aliens. And they do nail some humans - Hudson & Bishop come to mind, that unreleased Shaw figure from Prometheus.

I think the biggest problem with this is likely to be silly, visible joints and the paintjob - at 1:4 scale NECA's paint is pretty much just a less messy version of the paintjob that'd be on an 8'' figure. I don't feel it ever takes much of a leap beyond that, which really hurts human figures in particular.

At least that figure was close to $100.

There's people that paid four times that for SSC's PF that looks even worse than NECA's efforts (AND its freaking PVC)

And that's what I like about NECA, they make some quality stuff for collectors but it's still affordable. It's just that the likenesses can be hit or miss. I hope everything works out with this Reeve figure. Like someone said on the last page, Reeve's likeness is something that needs to be on point.

They're better than anyone else when it comes to creatures like Predators and Aliens. And they do nail some humans - Hudson & Bishop come to mind, that unreleased Shaw figure from Prometheus.

I think the biggest problem with this is likely to be silly, visible joints and the paintjob - at 1:4 scale NECA's paint is pretty much just a less messy version of the paintjob that'd be on an 8'' figure. I don't feel it ever takes much of a leap beyond that, which really hurts human figures in particular.
That's less of a problem with this particular figure I'd say
You can just throw a spandex suit over it like people did with the Adam West batman.

....if you wanna

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem with this is likely to be silly, visible joints and the paintjob - at 1:4 scale NECA's paint is pretty much just a less messy version of the paintjob that'd be on an 8'' figure.

Yeah. IMO NECA's best 18" figures apart from Predators and Alien are their robots and armored characters. The joints are just well-hidden on those.

Back