casting 1/6 guns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
What are peoples experience with casting weapons? Is it usually a two part mold? Especially around the trigger area as that's the most delicate part.

I'm about to go through that experience in a couple of weeks when I try to make a mold for this guy from John Wick movie :D
I'll post follow ups on how it goes..
16152578857_11b9ac9e70_z.jpg

Great thread-I'm customizing a gun and will be making cast of it. I've done two part molds for HS but nothing this small.

When you make your mold, be sure and think about the flow of material. Having the stand alone trigger might not allow resin or what ever to get into it so it may require a small thin section added into the trigger guard connecting to the trigger to help with the flow. It can then be removed after casting. Vents around the outside will also help to get the air out and the resin in.

Good point robbie. That support will also ensure your trigger wont snap off getting your master out the mold if it is delicate resin.

Got my first casting done from 2 piece molding.
A couple of test run using regular white resin and final result with color-tinted resin
Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun Oleg Volk_07.jpg
And after rough clean up. Both sides came out OK. got some bubble trapped in a coulpe of spots, but it's small...
Shotgun01.jpg

Back