Iron Giant Figure by Mondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHaleyArt

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Mondo THE IRON GIANT Action Figure!

https://geektyrant.com/news/mondo-reveals-the-iron-giant-action-figure
mondo-reveals-the-iron-giant-action-figure.jpg
The Iron Giant Collectible Figure

The 16" tall figure will have over 30 points of articulation, light features, and other fun surprises! Accompanying The Iron Giant will be a Hogarth figure, scraps of metal for him to munch on and a Seafood sign that has a removable "S" to put on his chest. He will also include an interchangeable head and gun attachment, giving a choice of displaying the figure as the regular version, or the "War" version! The figure was designed from the actual CG files used in the film, for ultimate accuracy.

Last edited:
Re: Mondo THE IRON GIANT Action Figure!

Wow! Surprising it's taken this long to get made. I rented that movie for my nieces and nephews when it was first out and expected to be bored but was really impressed with how great it was. Love the design for the robot, itself, too. That said, I'm not getting into any more licenses. Awesome figure for those that love the property and get it. The quality better be there for the price, though. *coughs* HT ED-209 *coughs*

LOL.

Unrelated, but it said they're doing a sixth-scale Alfred Hitchcock. Not something I'd pick-up, but some cool choices they're making.

great news cannot wait to get my dirty hands

Yeah, that looks awesome. Must have if it's a reasonable price.

I missed out on the Trendmasters Ultimate Iron Giant years ago when I stupidly passed on the few my local Toys R Us received because they were displayed on the floor of the action figure aisle and the bottoms of the boxes were all scratched up. Never saw them again at retail and couldn't ever just bite the bullet and cough up the $200-300 they go for on eBay.

As long as the MSRP doesn't stray TOO far from that amount for this high end, super-articulated version, I'm all in for this. And it's being done by Mondo, of all people!

does it have a sound gimmick? vin diesel's voice, yey? :lol

I'm down to bite, and I agree. If its not past $200-300 Im in. But that $2k figure for something only 16" is HOPEFULLY way off the mark.

Unless it's Solid Metal I can't see it being more than a hundred or two.
It sounds like it's meant to be a Toy and Not a High End Maquette.
I wonder how they will sell these and if there'll be a Limited Version for their site that sells out in 30 seconds?

I've seen a picture of their display somewhere on the board... but honestly I'm not sure anymore where it is. Way too many things to keep track of it all.

But the image looked like the one above, most likely the same figure. No word on price yet... but hoping it's reasonable as I'd love to have a well made and accurate version.

So Mondo, let me guess they won't tell us when it's going on sale but if we happen to be on Twitter or Facebook at exactly the right time we might have a small chance at getting this. They have nice stuff but honestly screw them and their idiotic way of selling items.

From Michael Crawford's SDCC coverage page:

sdcc2014_mondo_7.jpg

sdcc2014_mondo_15.jpg

Pre-orders this fall, so we'll soon see how much of a hit this will be to the wallet. I'm guessing around the $250 range.

Anybody have more information on this?

Back