more 12 inch rumors.....EU only???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

darth kered

saw this at rebelscum...

I talked to an employee at the Sideshow booth at comic-con and she said roughly that they probably won't start out w/ core characters, but stick to "expanded universe" of characters. You can decipher that how you wish, but that's the answer she gave me when I asked what to expect from the first wave or two...

i know, i know, this is not official confirmed info, but wouldn't this suck? i'm a huge star wars fan, but have no interest in any EU characters. sure i might buy them to compliment the film characters, but wouldn't want sideshow to start the line off with EU.:sleep

i sure wish sideshow would step up and tell us what's going on. :peace

I don't mind....since I will be getting all of them....But if they are really limited to a small ES and they ae exclusive....AND if they look really cool....Then, they will sell real well!

It all depends on how EU we're talking.... I mean are we talking Mara Jade or Davin Felth?

Re

Maybe SS is afraid these will take a bite out of 1/4 sales of the same characters.

Re: Re

Maybe SS is afraid these will take a bite out of 1/4 sales of the same characters.

i don't know about that. i think sideshow's collectors fall into one of three categories...

1. buy only 1/6th(me)
2. buy only 1/4th(gruson)
3. buy everything(dave):yay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16

That's a misquote - they will be doing the core film characters too, right from the start.

Hasn't the first character in the line already been announced as Anakin? :dunno There's no way the line will be EU only. Those wouldn't sell very well at all.

Hasn't the first character in the line already been announced as Anakin?

i haven't seen any announcement like this.

there were a lot of folks who saw the grey nude art s. buck figure with a luke ROTJ type cloak holding the skywalker saber and assumed it was anakin....8o

they will be doing the core film characters too, right from the start

how long do you think it will be before we see a prototype?

it shouldn't take too long for hulkfan and team to crank out a sculpt, paint it up and put it in some prototype jedi robes.

They said we'd see them in 06, but I'm betting they might surprise us a bit early...

Attachments

• IMG_8745.JPG
    IMG_8745.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 13

Wow - major rumors flying around! lol

That figure we have associated with the release is a generic figure, not a naked Anakin - you all know that by now. No specific figures have been announced, nor will be for a while.

We did announce that we will be conducting a poll to allow our customers to choose one of the 12 inch figures we do create. The poll will focus on what Expanded Universe figure you want to see. That does not mean, however, that we are only making expanded universe figures.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Hey Chris! So, when is th epoll going to begin? And when will any new Star Wars 1/4 be announced?

They said we'd see them in 06, but I'm betting they might surprise us a bit early...

didn't the announcement say they'd be for sale next summer?

surely they would have pre orders up pretty soon?

They'll probably have them up for pre-order at Toy fair in February...

You have to watch what you say Chris. Now it appears there will be only ONE figure made from the poll of collectors. Maybe people should only list the ONE figure they want, rather than a list of them. Rumour rumour rumour. Clear as mud. :lol

Those three catagories had me a laughing and a chuckling Darth Kered, in amusement. I love this sort of amusement, its free and funny. :rollin

Sir Tristam, there is a poll already going. There is a thread dedicated to it. I filled out a poll, but can't remember how I came about it now. Maybe there was a link in a newsletter.

Right, I get rattled easily, youse may have noticed I tend to say a lot of stupid things :p . I hope rather than confuse anyone, the good word rises to prominence. Thanks for clearing that up for us Dave, Shaithis.

:rock2

Back