Media-TV The Mythbusters tackle Raiders of the Lost Ark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Reaction score
MythBusters | Discovery

Check your local listings, you might be able to catch a re-run.

You can catch a couple clips here. Discovery Videos | Discovery

Lots of cool stuff, Adam makes his own whip and they test out whether or not you can grab a gun out of someone's hand with a whip, swinging across the chasm, and running thru the dart trap.

It's pretty dang cool.

Yeah it was a pretty cool episode. Not too surprised that Adam was able to keep ahead of the poison darts, since there was such a time delay even in the movie. But I was surprised he was able to eventually swing across the chasm with the whip. I had always heard that a standard whip just wasn't strong enough to hold someone's weight like that, and would break under the strain. Which is why in the movies they always used a special whip with a steel wire running through it for those sequences.

But perhaps the whip Adam made was already stronger and more reinforced than the usual whip, with all those extra braids and stuff he put in it....

Funny. I remember as a kid thinking TOD was too far-fetched because of the hearts being ripped out of chests, but I was quite happy to embrace all the supernatural elements of ROTLA.

I don't need the mythbusters to prove to me that EVERYTHING in Indiana Jones is real. :whip

Back