12" Scale Gimli - Possibilities?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LINQ0311

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello all,

What do you guys/gals think of SS making a Gimli figure on the 12" scale? Is it going to happen? Have you all already talked about this at length? What would the exclusive be?

I'm personally hoping to see a Gimli and Gandalf in the near future...

When it does happen, he will be one of my favorite figures. No doubt there will be tons of detail on this guy, not to mention all of his axes!

It has to happen, there is no way Sideshow would not make Gimli... and other smaller figure like Hobbits. They're just waaay to necessary for the line.

And actually, I could imagine that the small-sized bodies could be some of the first we see of the improved designs. It would be silly to release a scaled-down Art when they could just make a whole new, better articulated one for the short figures.

That could very well be the case and it would let SS know for sure if everyone is happy enough to do it on the bigger bodies.

Gimli will be easier than the hobbits. The TB and DiD Gimlis are pretty much in scale, but the TB and DiD hobbits aren't. I'm more worried about Frodo & Co. looking good than I am about Gimli.

Pull the legs off below the knees on the big boy 1/6 body and you have Gimli. Pull the legs off below the knees on the small 1/6 body and you have a Hobbit. :idea If that doesn't work, at least you can make Dorf figures. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Surely a cloak, and then maybe a large mug of Ale? Or another severed head like Boromir... can never have too many of those (IMO). Could maybe be the axe he shattered trying to destroy the ring during the council meeting.

congerking said:
with the smaller bodies, the price better be cheaper.

Unlikely. If anything, the shorter body will be just as difficult to tailor to, if not more so. Don't count on seeing any lowered prices on the short figures.

As to Gimli himself? I'm thinking a good excl. would be an extra non-helmeted head. It's not essential, but it does open up display possibilities. As to reg. accessories? How many axes does he have, six? Then theres the Lothlorien cloak, maybe a shattered axe from the Council of Elrond, mug of beer is a great idea! Orc or dessicated dwarf parts also good. Pipe.....there are lots of possiblities. I'd love to see a Tomb of Balin Environment for him to stand on!

The tomb of Balin would be awesome to display these figures. I would hope that he would come with a helmet as a removable accessory, and the head is sculpted to accomodate this. Maybe a nice exclusive would be the head and helmet of the Uruk that his axe is lodged in during ROTK. It could even be a way to store one of his axes. Gimli would probably be as expensive, maybe even more so, when you combine a short body and the armor that he wears...how the heck will Sideshow make chain mail at 1/6 scale?

Seaward said:
Maybe a nice exclusive would be the head and helmet of the Uruk that his axe is lodged in during ROTK.

I was thinking about that earlier... that would be a very cool accessory. Maybe make it like the Vlad exclusive where the head has a groove that the axe would fit into!

And I think that Gimli would need the unhelmeted alternate head similar to what they did with Leia.

Gimli may need an extra head, but I think that early stages of Gimli unhelmeted, he still kinda had it together, and his hair still fit under the helmet. Other times, Gimli is as wild and wooly as they come, and I would like to see an alternate head with his hair out of the ponytail. If his hair was in the ponytail, it could work under the helmet, giving you a possible three different ways to display him!

Yeah, when they are leaving Lothlorien Gimli is unhelmeted and without ponytail, his hair was all over, that could be a nice exclusive. Of course I could go for a severed head along with it!

Yes, Gimli Unkempt and then one either with a helmet permanently attatched or one where it could slip on and off of kempt hair!

The cloack will be an exclusive for sure, they might use as exclusives a pipe, mug of beer, a head of an uruk or a moria orc head :D

I think the cloak/hair w/o helmet and pipe/mug would be an excellent idea for an exclusive.

Either way, I'll be picking one up for sure. I just need SS to do Gimli & Gandalf, then I'm set.

Back