12-inch "24" Figures Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
Posted at Action-Figure.com:

"24" Turned to Toys

DST recruits Jack Bauer and company as new line of collectibles...

Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles announces that they have acquired the license to create toy collectibles based on 20th Century Fox’s smash series 24.

As part of the agreement, DST and Art Asylum will produce Minimates and 12” figures. Both are expected to hit shelves in 2007.

24 (debuting "Day 6" January 14th) depicts an action-packed day-in-the-life of anti-terrorist operative Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland). The show airs as twenty-four "real time" episodes. Miss one and you can get LOST (Oops, wrong show!)

As a stout fan of the first two seasons, I can say that a Jack Bauer figure is a longtime coming. While I'd rather see a realistic 6-8" figure line, the Minimate assortment holds loads of potential. As for 1/6th scale figs? That's untamed territory for DST. I'll let the final product speak for itself.

Good to see you again Frankenfan.Missed your posts around here lately.Hope you re well.
I ll be at Toyfair again in a couple of weeks i ll see if theres anything new on the "Space Vixens".
Good news about the "24" figures.One of these days i ll bag me a Medicom.

Hmmm, their first foray into a line being a pretty important one like "24" could spell disaster. It seems like there are a lot of kinks to work out on 1/6 figures and the earliest attempts by companies are usually pretty bad. But I remain optimistic!

This may be proof that's it's only a matter of time before other companies start producing stuff for the 1/6 market. NECA, you listening? I wanna 1/6 John Lennon!!!

NECA already has made 2 1/6 figures... The Vincent Price Rave and the Crow. Kinda funny they were both birds.

It mentions Art Asylum, so perhaps these are fully plastic 12"? With Gentle Giant importing the Medicoms, it seems unlikely that someone else would get the 1/6 license, but you never know.

Darth Roranous said:
Hmmmm, will they do a good job? Only time will tell.
Only time will tell. You're going to have to trust me on this. There's not enough TIME!!!

Well it's about time someone in the American market made 24 toys. I have to say that DST has been doing some nice things with Star Trek and Stargate. Let's see if they deliver the goods on 24.

I'd be happy with plastic 12" figures. At least in so much as I can get a Jack.

This is great news since now I don't have to spend outrageous wads of cash on a miniscule Medicom Jack! :lol

I want my Spirit of Tony (with Cubby) and Black Bauer Curtis. I'm bumming about BlackJack. :monkey2

Darklord Dave said:
It mentions Art Asylum, so perhaps these are fully plastic 12"? With Gentle Giant importing the Medicoms, it seems unlikely that someone else would get the 1/6 license, but you never know.

Key word there is "import" though. Medicom would have a licence to produce - quite possibly just for the asian market. Gentle Giant's licence would be with Medicom - not the owner of the production rights to 24. So in theory there might still be production rights for other markets. Given Medicom really doesn't try sell outside of asia its a very real possibility.

Personally I'm not interested in 24, but if the Art Asylum Jack Bauer Has a better head sculpt, it might be possible to transfer the head to another body; and if the suit's not up to par, a suit from Sideshow or Toy Presidents may make a Better Jack Bauer then the Medicom version.
Also, I've heard that the Medicom Tactical Version looks poor, so a better version shouldn't be too hard to bash with all the accessories out there.
There's now plenty of options for 24 fans.

Gentle Giant still has to clear it with the license holder to sell the figures in the US. It depends on the license though and how it's divided.

i hope this will start the production of figures of General.Jack o neille and Captain Jonathan Archer. afterall , art asylum has the the licenses to those too lol

Darklord Dave said:

I doubt it - I'm expecting clothed figures, like Art Asylum did with Tony Hawk. I expect excellent sculpts, since AA always does great work, but as to the body and clothes...I'm hoping they use a standard body based on bbi or Hot Toys, and I'm hopeful they won't screw the pooch on the tailoring.

screamingmetal said:
Personally I'm not interested in 24, but if the Art Asylum Jack Bauer Has a better head sculpt, it might be possible to transfer the head to another body; and if the suit's not up to par, a suit from Sideshow or Toy Presidents may make a Better Jack Bauer then the Medicom version.
Also, I've heard that the Medicom Tactical Version looks poor, so a better version shouldn't be too hard to bash with all the accessories out there.
There's now plenty of options for 24 fans.

I own the Medicom Tactical Version, and I will say that it looks 100X better in person. It just lacks accessories and some paint detail in the face. The sculpt however is miles above the Frontline head. It definitely has a resemblance to Jack, and someone did a repaint that looks pretty darn good. The clothes are well tailored and fit very snuggly. I paid $100 for mine and if another comes out that is better, it woudln't bother me 1 bit. I will get that one too!!! But as of now, I am happy with the Medicom.

Cheers,

Brad

Michael Crawford said:
I doubt it - I'm expecting clothed figures, like Art Asylum did with Tony Hawk. I expect excellent sculpts, since AA always does great work, but as to the body and clothes...I'm hoping they use a standard body based on bbi or Hot Toys, and I'm hopeful they won't screw the pooch on the tailoring.

Thats mine concern as well... I'm sure they could do a great job on the headsculpt. But even the great 1/6 companies take awhile to find their groove when it comes to mass producing good bodies and well tailored clothes.

Pretty cool news. Althou, I was holding out hope for Sideshow to do a P.F. Jack Bauer.

:cool:

I am hopping to see some good Jack Bauer sculpt made by them. Can't wait to see some protos.

Back