Kong: Skull Island <<SPOILERS>>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw no thread for a Prequel, just a old one for a sequel.

So it appears Micheal Keaton has signed on...

Michael Keaton just accepted what is undoubtedly gobloads of money to run away from CGI monsters in Skull Island, the upcoming King Kong prequel. The Wrap's Linda Ge tweeted that the former Batman today officially joined the cast of 2016 film, which also includes Tom Hiddleston and J.K. Simmons

Re: Skull Island - King Kong Prequel

Which King Kong is this a prequel to? I don't see any mention of Peter Jackson or Wingnut Films or even Weta being involved, unless I'm missing something.

I think it's just in general, like a prequel to the story most people know with him coming back to NY as a captive etc.

Ah, so basically a King Kong remake minus the iconic NYC scenes at the end. :lol

I'd imagine so. Probably get the same concept, group of explorers go to Skull Island, they interact with the natives. They witness King Kong and blah blah blah some **** that **** and done.

Yeah, there was no mention. The only thing that makes this news for me is the casting of Micheal Keaton. Nice to see him getting more work.

In before Riddick says it sucks :lol

I don't see how a prequel would accomplish anything we hadn't already seen in the Jackson version. Not to mention, Kong looked freakin bad ass in that film.

I don't see how a prequel would accomplish anything we hadn't already seen in the Jackson version. Not to mention, Kong looked freakin bad ass in that film.

Funnily enough PJ's King Kong was on HBO today. I watched it for a few minutes and even in extreme close-up on a large screen TV Kong himself looks as good or better than anything out today. Amazing what they achieved in 2005.

Could be an interesting film. Probably lots to explore pre-KK on the island involving the natives and other beasties.

They ought to just co-finance this with Warmer Bros. and retrofit the "Beetlejuice does Hawaii" thing to Skull Island.:lol

That being said, on a serious note, if Keaton's in it, I'll see it.

I hope to see more giant battles. I was a young kid, but that dino vs king kong scene was ****ing epic....and then I couldn't care less for the rest of the film. :lol

I did see it again a few months ago, and I have a bigger appreciation, but definitely needs more fighting scenes.

Back