XM Studios DR OCTOPUS...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
10917855_1490907187796642_6904483800017536161_n.jpg

10410712_1490907204463307_6806723170434681225_n.jpg

10382879_1490907227796638_1829887096659947604_n.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook. Looks like the Spiderman era is about to begin. Doc Ock is already looking cool. Not sure what I'd do about changing from existing SS Spidey pieces though--Venom, Carnage, Goblin and Rhino. Maybe Goblin. Would be cool to see other fill-in pieces like Vulture, Lizard, Electro and Mysterio first.

I am disappointed in this. Bowen and a 1/4 scale custom I've seen did a much better job with his tentacles.

I think it looks pretty cool. I never noticed the pockets until Heuber pointed them out lol. I don't like him holding the gun but I'm sure there will be switch out hands

I want to see it in colour. Looks like it's getting to the point where I'm going to have to pick and choose because these XM statues seem to be coming thick and fast

Depends on the artist but I've seen him mostly chubby in cartoons and comics.... some have portrayed him a bit more fit...

I think it looks pretty cool.... They might want to tone down his gut just a little bit but otherwise I think it looks pretty sweet.

I am disappointed in this. Bowen and a 1/4 scale custom I've seen did a much better job with his tentacles.
I think the tentacles is one of the best things about this statue.

Depends on the artist but I've seen him mostly chubby in cartoons and comics.... some have portrayed him a bit more fit...

I think it looks pretty cool.... They might want to tone down his gut just a little bit but otherwise I think it looks pretty sweet.
He looks pretty in shape to me. Look at the size of his muscles, including his pecs and lats! Seems like his stomach would be solid from all the muscles underneath. Reminds me of old wrestler Scott Norton. My ideal comic Doc Ock is more of a fat slob.

LOL.. is it me or is anyone else worried that HM is checking out Doc Ock's ass...:)

:lol:lol:lol you got me there, bud! :lol:lol:lol

Seriously though, I think XM mentioned on Facebook that this is like an early Z-sculpt render and they're looking for comments and suggestions. WHile others say he looks too fat, to me he looks rather more muscular than how most artists drew him (as I recall). The rendering on his arms and chest can be softened a bit, I suppose.

re: tentacles. They look nice (maybe a bit too big) but they should be far more dynamic.

They are beating Sideshow to the punch but lately a lot of these designs look really basic

Back