Star Wars: The Canon Reloaded

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth will you cling to?

• Willing to fully embrace the new canon

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Sticking with the old Expanded Universe

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Going to wait and see

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Pick and choose from new canon and old EU

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Movies only

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Movies and TV shows only

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Original trilogy and sequel trilogy only

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Original trilogy, sequel trilogy and TV series only

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
With Disney rebooting the Star Wars canon, it's a period of both great sadness and anticipation. While all that we thought we knew about the Star Wars universe has been swept away, we also know that everything that's published from now on will count just as much as the movies.

So I'm wondering how you're treating this brave new world of Star Wars continuity ...

(For the record, I voted "pick and choose" because there are some elements of the old EU I really like and hope they will be "canonised" under the new continuity).

The original 3 movies is the only canon for me. Everything else is fan fiction as far as I'm concerned, and that includes the PT.

I remember getting into "canon" arguments in the middle of the prequel releases with people :lol

Honestly, even with the prequels I pick and choose what I like, hell I do that with the OT. So I'll probably just do that with any changes or new things brought into the mythos.

It's not like all the old Expanded Universe stories played well with each other. A lot of the early/mid '90s material just doesn't mesh with what the prequels established. For me, all that matters is whether the stories were good and mean something to me. Stuff like the Thrawn Trilogy, KOTOR, Dark Forces, etc. is always going to be part of my Star Wars canon regardless of whether it fits into the new, Disney-approved continuity.

I'm going to wait until I see what the new movie is actually about, before I make up my mind on this. Disney doesn't really bother me. They did some good work with Pirates of the Caribbean.

The past-EpVI EU was ok, had some awesome characters and stories.

If the spoilers I've read turn out to be true I wouldn't like this movie and wouldn't care for the new continuety.

I hope they take some good material from the EU and bring it into the movie-verse. They already did some by having the Outrider show up in Mos Eisley in the Extended Edition and the adaption of the capital planet as "Coruscant" is a name from the EU. There's also other stuff like Quinlan Vos, Clone Wars conflict, Aayla Secura, etc.

I'd like to see some characters brought in like Thrawn or Mara Jade. Thrawn is one of the better villains from the EU while Jade has a strong background and following as well as good character development.

So far I only count the OT. The ST remaining to be seen. It may complicate matters if those movies are good and yet draw elements from the PT which I think they likely will.

I hope they take some good material from the EU and bring it into the movie-verse.

Me too. I wouldn't be averse to a cloned Emperor or Luuke Skywalker. Mara could be complicated because Ep II established Jedi aren't permitted to marry (though as the first of the new generation Luke can pretty much make up his own rules!)

I'm actually on board with it all so far. I like (or love) all the movies, I'm a big clone wars fan, Rebels has me invested and the two books they've released were well done and had good stories. I'm just excited again to be a Star Wars fan and am pretty much all in.

I really like the idea of a shared canon as long as they're very careful to keep any one canon thing from contradicting another.

Well, under the new canon Luke and Vader's first confrontation wasn't on Cloud City. It was on Cymoon-1 on the Rebels' very first mission after the Battle of Yavin!

star-wars-2-page-2.jpg

Back