Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's technically the Master Replicas Falcon turned into kit form. Even one of Master Replicas' builders/researchers Steve Dymszo helped them with a lot of the leg work. Why oh why didn't a company like Bandai or Fine Molds get the license for this thing and release it in just one massive kit? Sure it would have probably ended up costing a grand or more, but its not like collectors haven't been asking for something like this for years! That video on the Deagostini site is of this beast is fantastic. Hopefully, the US one comes out sooner rather than later.

I saw a sample of the first issue at Sansweet's place a couple months ago. The quality of the pieces was great. I'm in.

I'm slightly confused, is this just for the magazines and free gifts? Or will you actually be receiving pieces of the kit to make the Falcon?

I'm slightly confused, is this just for the magazines and free gifts? Or will you actually be receiving pieces of the kit to make the Falcon?

Yes, each issue will come with a few pieces of the Falcon. About 80 issues in total, and they'll come out once a week (in the UK anyway). When done, you'll have a full kit with every piece to make a studio scale Falcon replica. And like I said, the samples I saw looked great. At least as much detail as the Master Replicas Falcon.

Yes, each issue will come with a few pieces of the Falcon. About 80 issues in total, and they'll come out once a week (in the UK anyway). When done, you'll have a full kit with every piece to make a studio scale Falcon replica. And like I said, the samples I saw looked great. At least as much detail as the Master Replicas Falcon.

Oh really? That's awesome, are they pre-painted?

According to the UK TV advert it's 100 issues at £8.99 each. Almost £900 (the first issue is cheaper) is a bit out of my price range :/

Oh really? That's awesome, are they pre-painted?

Yep. And some pieces will even be diecast. :yess:

I'll probably end up weathering mine a bit more, though. I did that with the recent $60 "Hero line" toy from Hasbro:

10368236_10155001037180107_6046649109624553796_n.jpg

Been keeping up with this the last few weeks and it looks like they're going back to re-do the first four issues which concerned me, but I heard they're promising to commit to it until the end. Nice of them to offer the parts for free to all the early subscribers though.
deagostini-falcon-anyone-seen-imag2166-jpg-422234d1420465910

I just saw about this on Facebook... is it something that will definitely come to the US?

If the quality is as good as the MR I'd totally be down for this at the price of the UK release.

Yeah, I just followed that link to RP; sounds promising. Sounds like a pretty fun idea, if not a bit pricey, idea :lol

Dammit why did I have to see this?! looks nice but will take almost 2 years to compete?

I just saw about this on Facebook... is it something that will definitely come to the US?

If the quality is as good as the MR I'd totally be down for this at the price of the UK release.

I actually called DeAgostini USA and asked their customer service and Mark there sais they do in fact have a USA release planned. He didn't have specific details on the dates though. He said typically there is a "few months" between UK releases and US releases. So we will see. Man I hope so though, aside from Vader the Falcon is my favorite SW character...yes its a character ;)

I actually called DeAgostini USA and asked their customer service and Mark there sais they do in fact have a USA release planned. He didn't have specific details on the dates though. He said typically there is a "few months" between UK releases and US releases. So we will see. Man I hope so though, aside from Vader the Falcon is my favorite SW character...yes its a character ;)

That's good to hear! :)

How do you assemble all the pieces? Screws? Snap in place? Because if you have to glue them or something, people like me with no model-making talent are gonna be bummed. :lol

I'm in for this! What a cool gimmick/idea! Fingers crossed it hits the states, soon! Thanks for posting :hi5:

Happy New year Waller...How is my McQuarrie Vader helmet these days? There are days I DO miss it ;)

You, too! :duff

I still have it. Easily one of my favorite pieces. I really hope eFX gets around to the McQuarrie Stormtrooper this year.

Back