Which hot toys alien to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimlockisking

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to figure out which one to get (prior to them doing 2.0's hopefully) and wondering what everyone's experiences have been. Is there one that looks good and is durable, or are they all pretty similar. One that stood out to me was Grid Alien because it had the face hugger, but am curious what everyone who has/had one thinks about what the best one to get as a stand in until they do 2.0's would be.

Stay away from the Aliens ones, and dog alien, for QC issues. Others are relatively durable from what I've seen. I would go w big chap. Inaccurate, but stil very nice, and from a great film. Not sure I would want anything on my shelf reminding me of those terrible avp movies.

The AVP Warrior is a decent figure, but it's from a lame movie. Same goes for the AVP-R version. The Dog version has some QC issues (splitting rubber) and has trouble standing (not cheap either). The Aliens Warrior is notorious for loose/broken joints and unless you're a dab hand at repairs, is not worth getting. That said, it can be picked up cheap because of those faults. The Big Chap has some inaccuracies, but is a decent figure, albeit less poseable than the others. Would be a nice companion piece for the Ripley figure (when it eventually comes out). Again, not cheap.

Good luck getting one in good shape. A lot of the Hot Toys' Alien figures are already several years old and people who still have them complain about rubber issues. The rubber just eventually wears out over time (even in the box in some cases) and Hot Toys has never really been able to solve their rubber issues (look at TDK Batman). I've owned Hot Toys Alien figures since the first AVP line and have since gotten rid of them all. Before I did, I was having loose joint issues, rubber deterioration

You might be better off waiting until Hot Toys revisits the Aliens later on. By then they might have a solution to their rubber issues but I highly advise against trying to get one unless you're looking to deal with some deterioration issues.

the only alien figures i have left is the doggy....i have 2 of them. lolz
modge podge is your friend.

I started collecting Alien figure hot toys just this year and honestly I LOVE THEM!
Yes, as everyone said they will have deterioration/rubber issues, but honestly it's not so bad that is should scare you away from collecting something you enjoy.

The first hot toy alien I received was dog alien... this is by FAR my favorite alien. He is in EXCELLENT condition with the exception of his snap on leg being a little loose. I paid $200 for him and I felt like that was a good deal. For such a terrible film, this is the best hot toy alien produced to date in my opinion.

Second purchase was a blue warrior alien... he is by far the "coolest looking" alien figure I have, yet he is in pieces (see photo)... I need to mold a leg and two arms. He is really cool and the detail on him is 10X better than the other two alien warrior figures.

$_35.JPG

My next purchase was the other two warrior aliens who are in PHENOMENAL shape, neither of these have joint issues! The brown ones chest was tore when I purchased it, but a little glue fixed that right up. The standard blue alien warrior is the best (quality) piece I have (he even stands up on his own). I would not say he is as cool looking as the above photo... but with a little detail (cover him in KY jelly "slime") I am sure you can get him to look great.

Lastly I purchased a big chap (who never arrived) :cough: eBay :cough: but it did have noticeable issues, such as a cracked dome and joint problems.

Honestly, if you are going to purchase alien figures do it on the forum and buy them used... In my experience sellers have been so honest and they sell them at a fair price rather than asking high prices on a place like eBay, craigslist, or amazon. I might not have the boxes and they might not be BRAND new, but I am very happy with them!

I also forgot to mention make sure you REALLY want a hot toys alien... there is a TON of cool alien stuff out there (such as the Tsukuda figures/sculpts)... sideshow has some AWESOME pieces (the busts are BEAUTIFUL)... even NECA has some quality stuff that moves/articulates, so take the time to look around!

i had the aliens brown-pooey version.
i looks awesome in low light, you get the icky feel.
i sold it before i learned about mode podge.
modge podge is your friend.

lolz

Ok so I purchased a blue warrior alien with loose thighs. I dremmeled out the cracked socket and glued a piece of plastic tubing in the hole just go to your local hardware store or home Depot and purchase about a six inch piece. Very easy fix and very iexpensive.bring the warrior with you to match up a snug fitting tube.

So I was thinking of picking up the original warrior alien. Supposedly NIB. About $300 total. Bad idea?

Back