Know your Sculptors: Hot Toys edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PopCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
I came up with the idea of showing people/sculptors and their works, the idea came to me when I was going off on the works of Koujin on another thread and realized that people probably don't know some of the sculptors by name or their past works. So with that said lets get a look at some of the sculptors and we'll start off with Koujin after that.

sculptors (2).jpg
sculptors (7).jpg

Koujin.jpg
Koujin, he's been around for a while now. My first introduction to him was the EB Godfather. He's probably worked on other things before that or Enterbay but I dont' really know. Here are a few examples of his work, if you guys want me to upload all his works let me know not sure if people want a photo heavy thread.

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-1.jpgIron-Man-3-Hot-Toys-Cowboy-Tony-Stark-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Milk-Exclusive-e1386741436215.jpghottoys-dx-starwars-luke-skywalker-bespin-outfit-18.jpeg902266-product-thumb1.jpg902301_press10.jpg

Yulli (1).jpg
Yulli, one of the original people with Hot Toy since almost the beginning she is known for her Arnold sculpts and supervised on the Godfather Sculpt, as well as her Heath Ledger Joker's.

JorEl_1.jpg6390_press05-001.jpg902174-product-thumb.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED finding pics to do this is a pain in the ass and will be a huge under taking but I'll try and maybe just update more and more everyday, finding pics of the newer sculptors will be hard. Also will be resizing these images soon to post more of the people's works. This will be a constantly changing thread.

Awesome thread!!!

Thank you, I wish I could post all their works but could you imagine how long it would take to scroll through all the works? Also what pieces do I choose to represent each person? I'm open to suggestions just let me know guys, input is welcomed.

Yulli's known for Arnold, Heath and the definitive Chris Evans sculpt. Th best sculpts to me by HT to date ever are:

WS Steve Rogers
IM3 Mandarin
Thor 1 Odin
TDW Thor
T2 DX13
BD RoboCop
Avengers Hawkeye

Sadly, none of the Star Wars figures are up to spec. At all.

Yulli's known for Arnold, Heath and the definitive Chris Evans sculpt. Th best sculpts to me by HT to date ever are:

WS Steve Rogers
IM3 Mandarin
Thor 1 Odin
TDW Thor
T2 DX13
BD RoboCop
Avengers Hawkeye

What do you think the pic limit for each sculptor should be, should I change some of them to the ones you suggested, I don't want to kill anyone's web browser :lol

What do you think the pic limit for each sculptor should be, should I change some of them to the ones you suggested, I don't want to kill anyone's web browser :lol

If the images are a reasonable size there's no reason not to post as many as possible. One per figure please though.

Great idea for a thread! I would suggest keeping it informational though and keep comments about particular sculptors or portraits out of this thread.

If the images are a reasonable size there's no reason not to post as many as possible. One per figure please though.

Great idea for a thread! I would suggest keeping it informational though and keep comments about particular sculptors or portraits out of this thread.

Should I remove their pics then?(sculptors?) I never thought about it as a invasion of like privacy I'll take them down. I guess people don't need to see what they look like. Or can I keep their pics up?

Should I remove their pics then?(sculptors?) I never thought about it as a invasion of like privacy I'll take them down. I guess people don't need to see what they look like. Or can I keep their pics up?

No, the pics of the sculptors are fine I think. Just keep editorializing about particular portraits out of this thread.

Thank you for all the kind comments guys, I'll also take suggestions and will add pics everyday, who knows if this thread will ever be done with additions to new sculptors etc. and trying to find figures linked to the artists themselves, I might just limit it to like old works, present works, and upcoming newer works. We will see.

WS Steve Rogers
IM3 Mandarin
Thor 1 Odin
TDW Thor
T2 DX13
BD RoboCop
Avengers Hawkeye

Honorable mention DOFP Wolverine and sculpter is newcomer. Not Yuli or koujin

for dx08 is one of the best yulli's work, and still one of the best figure to date. and i just love they not using 3d printing for sculpting, make this hobby even more joyful.

Here are a few more:
Kojun- Batman Begins Bruce wayne, Mark 1 2.0, Tony Stark Mech Test, Iron Monger Obadiah, DX12, Jack Sparrow DX, Bespin Luke
Lee So Young - Bane
K.A. Kim - Thor Dark Work, Black Spider-man Tobey
Im Jung Hyuk - Amazing Spider-man
Yulli-DX01, DX03, DX04, DX08, DX10, DX11, DX13, Black widow

Back