Bad Experience with Toy Tokyo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hr186

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I never thought I'd be one to post a thread like this, to be honest I'm usually too tolerant of poor service but this issue has driven me to the edge. My story is pretty basic:

- A while back Toy Tokyo advertised the Freddy & Jason Exclusive NES Style Reaction Figures on the Exclusive website. I actually posted an announcement on the board here about it and naively thanked them for great service (which I did get at the time).

- I had initially tried to purchase them through the website but the postage cost was really high (to Australia) so I sent them an email to query the postage cost. They got back to me straight away and told me it was incorrect and to try again as they were having problems with the site and made some adjustments to correct it. I tried again with no luck, sent another email and they said that they'd send me a Paypal invoice for the goods, doing me a good deal on postage.

- They made good on the offer, sent me a Paypal invoice which I paid, they also asked for my postage address which I emailed them, even though this was displayed through Paypal as well.

- This all happened at around mid October.

- After about a month I hadn't received the figures so I sent them a message through their site to find out what was going on - NO RESPONSE.

- About 5 days later, deciding that the message may not have gone through, I sent them an email basically asking the same thing - NO RESPONSE.

- I waited a week and a half, no response so I sent another email, this time pointing out that I'd tried to contact them, had no response and was a little concerned that I was being ripped off - NO RESPONSE.

- I then waited a little over a week for a response and sent ANOTHER EMAIL (4th email), receiving NO RESPONSE.

- Tried to call them from Australia, NO ANSWER.

- Logged a dispute through Paypal - NO RESPONSE.

Through all of this I was very reasonable, I always believe in being courteous to someone providing me goods or a service. I am just at a complete loss as to why they would completely ignore me over such a small sale, considering I have proof of payment with a Paypal invoice from them outlining the goods purchased. It really doesn't make any sense, this isn't some home based seller on Ebay, it's a reputable store with a physical location in NYC.

You guys are free to make up your own mind about them but I think that my experience would be a warning to anyone purchasing from them, particularly if you're overseas.

I would gladly welcome anyone from Toy Tokyo who reads this forum to contact me and give me some fantastic excuse as to why they've stolen from me.

Sorry for such a negative thread guys, just needed to get this out there, I don't like being stolen from and not being able to do anything about it.

That's unfortunate. But if you've already logged a case with PayPal and the seller doesn't respond, you will more likely than not get your money back...PayPal tend to side with buyers most of the time.

It is hard enough for sellers to win a case even if they responded, so them not responding might be good for you I guess haha..

That's unfortunate. But if you've already logged a case with PayPal and the seller doesn't respond, you will more likely than not get your money back...PayPal tend to side with buyers most of the time.

It is hard enough for sellers to win a case even if they responded, so them not responding might be good for you I guess haha..

Very true. To be honest the money doesn't bother me, it's the principal of being ripped off. I only logged a case with Paypal to try and get them to respond to me.

Very true. To be honest the money doesn't bother me, it's the principal of being ripped off. I only logged a case with Paypal to try and get them to respond to me.

But while you're at it...might as well.. Haha...all the best there hr186

Since this thread isn't really about Marvel products but the online retailer in question, I'm moving it to the General Action Figures forum.

Don't bother, he's already posted the same thread there :lol

...and in the horror section. And the DC section.

Since this thread isn't really about Marvel products but the online retailer in question, I'm moving it to the General Action Figures forum.

No probs, apologies for the duplication but I figured I put it out there to everyone that they cater to. Tried to find out if I was breaking the forum rules by posting so many times but couldn't find anything in the Rules. Only one way to learn I suppose.

One positive is that i've provided some entertainment with everyone taking the pi$$ out of me at the moment.

92511-christmas-spirit-meme-lolcat-t-qx0W.jpeg

Back