1/6 Will You Buy the Sideshow Temple of Doom Indiana Jones Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will You Be Adding This Indy to Your Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YankeesFanboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, Sideshow just put its Indy fig up for PO. Most seem to like the headsculpt and say it's much better than the Hot Toys DX05. But no one wants a repeat of this:

nathandrakehead.JPG

So...will you be buying it? Choose. But choose wisely.

I'm committing to buying. I'll be fine with the figure if they don't do the separate eye thing. I have to believe that Sideshow learned their lesson with Drake. The took a big financial hit with the figure judging by all the cancellations and Sideshow even putting it on deep discount during Spook. They got such massive bad feedback for it, it would be impossible for them to ignore. Even if Sideshow wanted to continue experimenting with the separate eye thing, there are still plenty of figures between now and then that they can experiment on. By the time Indy would come out, Sideshow should either have perfected the process, or abandoned it. Chances are Sideshow has already abandoned the eye thing after the Drake fiasco. Pliskin and Hoth Luke and Han will let us know what Sideshow has decided.

I'm really looking forward to it!

I have voted that I'll wait for in-hand pics, though I have pre-ordered it. The price bracket seems to be the new norm unfortunately. For me at that cost they have to prove the final product will be per these initial pics, and until they do I'll have my eye on the cancellation button just in case.

I have voted that I'll wait for in-hand pics, though I have pre-ordered it. The price bracket seems to be the new norm unfortunately. For me at that cost they have to prove the final product will be per these initial pics, and until they do I'll have my eye on the cancellation button just in case.

Pretty much how I feel.

Well, Sideshow just put its Indy fig up for PO. Most seem to like the headsculpt and say it's much better than the Hot Toys DX05. But no one wants a repeat of this:

View attachment 151430

So...will you be buying it? Choose. But choose wisely.

You had to use this picture?!?! Lol I was all ready to put insta buy before being reminded of this. I guess the option I will have to do is wait and see how Hoth Luke and Han come out and then decide.

I'm thinking parts. But I have this on PO. It's hard for me to pass on anything Indy. But at the new prices, it is becoming a necessity.

The new prices are moving me out of the collecting market. I am down to Lord of the Rings and the bare essentials for 1/6 right now. Indy is considered an essential to me so as long as the Hoth figures look good he is a buy. . . pilot Luke on the other hand. . .

Yeah, what's happening with the prices? Just about 5 years ago, even the HT grails were still under $140 but have gone up to ridiculous amounts and Sideshow is following suit! Imagine? With the earliest SS figures, albeit having a more primitive level of quality, were going for $30. The first SS Indy was between $60-$80 and now, 4 SS figures at the TOD Indy pricepoint is about a grand?!?

The first Indy figure was $90. Actually I think all the Indy line figures (sans exclusives) were.

But yes, prices have been shooting upward for the past year or two now, and jumped significantly just recently because of the Disney buyout of LFL. The first figure showing the new pricepoint was Sideshow's X-Wing Luke, a barebones figure for $240.

I'm still undecided. While it's definitely the best 1/6 Indy we've seen yet, and while I'm a huge TOD fan, the likeness still isn't quite perfect enough to make me want to rush off and order it right away (unlike the first time I saw the Robocop or MOS Superman, when it was love at first sight).

And plus, as much as I love that iconic TOD look... it's still ultimately a pretty barebones figure we're getting for $240.

Like everyone else, I think I'll probably wait to see the in-hand pics first (and continue customizing the Indy figure I already have).

I'm mostly buying it for the sculpt and to support SSC in the hope they'll do more indy figs like mola ram. I already have customized my own tod indy. Although is has the ht sculpt, it works well for me. Got mike to thank for the gear :).

6f21e5ba72140921d104b3497e4c49b5.jpg

Best,

Robert

Easy buy for me since I'm a fool for Indy. I have every version and I can't see the likeness being worse than any of the others. Plus he's gonna be fun to scuff up and make screen accurate.

Pre-ordered the exclusive. Its not like I can't cancel without a penalty so it really isn't a big commitment at this point. I'm just waiting on the upcoming Sideshow figures with human likenesses and to see how good or bad they turn out. I want an Indy for my collection though and have never been completely satisfied with the DX05.

Back