SyFy Krypton: The series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
E9ZzQBm.jpg

DC/WB is developing a new show on SyFy called "Krypton" with David Goyer producing, Hollywood Reporter reports.

Ian Goldberg of Once Upon a Time and FlashForward will pen the script and executive produce with Goyer, from a story conceived by the pair.

Presumably following the House of El and likely inspired by John Byrne's World of Krypton miniseries, telling tales of an iconic DC Comics locale but without the benefit of its most recognizable resident.

The project was rumored back in October, with no network attached, but there was a good deal of skepticism about it, as it would be expensive to do right, embarrassing for all involved to do wrong.

While Gotham drew some early comparisons to Smallville, the rumored Krypton is arguably more like Gotham than Gotham ever was to Smallville, if only because the series would never include Superman, focusing instead on the House of El, Brainiac, The Eradicator, Kryptonian mythology and the like. Mertron and Doomsday would presumably be fertile ground.

Goyer's work on Man of Steel could suggest what kind of Krypton we might see: very inspired by John Byrne's 1986 The Man of Steel and the 15 or so years of comics that came after, with little or no tights-wearing Kryptonians and a sterile, scientific culture. Of course, it would be nearly impossible to work Man of Steel's Krypton into a TV budget and having just invested a ton in creating a really unique and visually striking take on Krypton, it would seem like a massive step backwards to go with something cheaper

Re: SyFy Krypton the series

The fact that the main character being considered is Superman's Grandfather it makes me laugh at all the people b***ing about Gotham and how far removed it was from Batman. Given that Superman could never conceivably ever be on the show save the series finale. I love Gotham, The Flash, Arrow so I'm willing to give it a shot but this one feels like the riskiest one so far.

I'm always in for more Superman related stuff but I can't see this catching on without any recognizable characters for the general public. Plus, most of the stuff on this station is considered lower quality tv so it's already not looking good.

I think it's the logo that's putting me off, honestly. It just looks like it's on the Syfy channel.:lol

I think it's the logo that's putting me off, honestly. It just looks like it's on the Syfy channel.:lol

I don't think the logo is official though. That's the logo most websites are using, but I doubt it's what they're using on the show, but I could be wrong.

Don't care about Gotham, Supes is my ninja, and I still don't care about this, just make Batman and Superman shows, tie them with the Flash, why waste time with this?

Yup, what is with TV's love for making Superman shows without Superman? :lol

Man every thing about this sounds bad. What s wSte of money.

Yup, because who cares about Krypton before it blew up. :dunno It's like caring how the rebels got the death star plans.

It'll be like Gotham where popular villains pop up on Krypton but no Superman to fight them and the rest of the show will be soap opera drama between the El and Zod houses. As much as I'd like to be excited for this, it's a tough sell. I'll give it a chance though. If I can make it through an episode of Supergirl and Arrow then I can sit through anything.

Back