1/4 scale DC Kits ok'd for Prototypez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidey976

Super Freak
Reaction score
So THIS is awesome!!

Copied from Facebook

"YES!!!!! We just got the green light to do 1/4th scale DC Universe unpainted and unassembled resin model kits!!!!!!! yeah baby!
Hang on to your hats because Kansas is going bye bye!
I am proud to say we are the only company in the world doing this! It is a great time to be a customize and kit builder or painter !
I am looking forward to collaborating with a few people to get this off the ground!"

and from Erick Sosa himself over at SF
Ok guys,
Been crazy busy as you know, and no I haven't stopped working on new releases for Prototypez, as a matter of fact I just hired more sculptors to help me. However the organic side of things will always be done by me for as long as I shall live...which is not long... or who knows...let's hope!

Anyway, the following are being approved/printed or about to go through approvals. This list doesn't included mini busts for DC.

Street Fighter:

Ryu 1/4th
Akuma 1/4th
M Bison 1/4 :)

Ryu variant doing Shoryuken!

Cammy 1/6th being redone

Honda 1/6th
Akuma 1/6th
Guile 1/6th
Fei Long 1/6th
Chun Li 1/6th

M. Bison 1/6th
Vega 1/6th
Rose 1/6th ;)
Chun Li 1/4th

Evil Ryu 1/6th and 1/4th
Balrog 1/6th
Dhalsim 1/6th

DC Comics:

Black Adam 1/6th
Green lantern 1/6th
Batman 1/6th
Harley Quinn 1/6th
Flash 1/6th
Wonderwoman 1/6th
Bane 1/6th
Red Hood 1/6th
Green Arrow 1/6th
Cyborg 1/6th
Doomsday 1/6th
Captain marvel with young Batson transforming into Cap!

1/4th JLA, YES 1/4th
Superman
Batman
Wonderwoman
Aquaman
Flash
Captain Marvel
Cyborg

1/4th Baddies
Doomsday
Luthor Armor
Brainiac
Solomon Grundy
Joker
Lobo

Shadow of the Bat 1/4th ( this is a tentative name for this line)
Batman inspired by Alex Ross
Batman Inspired by Frank Miller
Vampire Batman Kelly Jones ( my dear friend!)
Batman inspired by Neal Adams
Batman Hush ( inspired by that guy who's style I love)
Batman Beyond
Batman Bisley inspired
Batman Knightfall ( Armor)

SO ... who like me .. NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO Paint....lol

Price Tag will be about $400-$500, and the pieces will ONLY be available in the U.S.A.

$400-$500 unassembled/unpainted? might be a bit of a tough sell, I'm guessing it's the license costs... I imagine your looking $300-$400 to pay someone to assemble it and paint it.. someone who is good anyways. So $800-$900 for a finished statue.... I think it's viable IF the poses and details are several notches above the competition.

Last edited:
So THIS is awesome!!

Copied from Facebook

"YES!!!!! We just got the green light to do 1/4th scale DC Universe unpainted and unassembled resin model kits!!!!!!! yeah baby!
Hang on to your hats because Kansas is going bye bye!
I am proud to say we are the only company in the world doing this! It is a great time to be a customize and kit builder or painter !
I am looking forward to collaborating with a few people to get this off the ground!"

and from Erick Sosa himself over at SF

SO ... who like me .. NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO Paint....lol

Price Tag will be about $400-$500, and the pieces will ONLY be available in the U.S.A.

...$400-$500 for unassembled and unpainted 1/6th scale.....um nope.

I know the pricing seems high but you are likely going to be talking about XM quality statues once assembled and painted by a professional. I'm certainly going to be in for the characters SS isnt doing. Others will depend on design.

I know the pricing seems high but you are likely going to be talking about XM quality statues once assembled and painted by a professional. I'm certainly going to be in for the characters SS isnt doing. Others will depend on design.

Design will defiantly be the make or break it for these kits at this price level. There going to have to be something really special and not just museum poses.

Getting them painted and assembled is the issue for me. Given you are going to spend that much money on an unfinished kit means you can't experiment yourself. Oh well...

Getting them painted and assembled is the issue for me. Given you are going to spend that much money on an unfinished kit means you can't experiment yourself. Oh well...

I feel the same. I kind of hope that there is an option to have them sent to a customizer to have them painted built into the process. However, I won't lie for a limited edition kit, Es of 200 or so, it might be great to give it a shot.

If the designs come out jaw dropping I might see if I can just paypal Spazzy and have him order it for me and then build and paint it and then send it to me once it's done....

The 1/6 pieces I would be interested .. Plus I can paint :)

If the designs come out jaw dropping I might see if I can just paypal Spazzy and have him order it for me and then build and paint it and then send it to me once it's done....

I have already seen a pic of a Batman head portrait on Erick Sosa's Facebook page, and I HAVE to tell you it was STUNNING.

I think it all depends on how well they design this one. If they were to use magnets and such to put it all together and not require glue and putty then all you might need is the paint job. I wonder if Sosa might be able to provide a painting tutorial for each one. Here are your tools and paints and here is how to do it kind of thing. I can follow instructions... lol.

I think it all depends on how well they design this one. If they were to use magnets and such to put it all together and not require glue and putty then all you might need is the paint job. I wonder if Sosa might be able to provide a painting tutorial for each one. Here are your tools and paints and here is how to do it kind of thing. I can follow instructions... lol.
:lol unless you want flat paint job I don't think a paint by numbers is going to do it buddy

:lol unless you want flat paint job I don't think a paint by numbers is going to do it buddy

Not paint by numbers m8. More of a these are the tools and the paint techniques you could use. I know Vince and a few other painters have done that type of thing occasionally.

Edit:

Oh and here is the pic I was talking about. Sosa had for his profile picture yesterday after he made the 1/4 announcement.

934898_993764693974248_2448390197569203169_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes! The price makes them a pass for me. I look forward to seeing what the end result looks like after people get them finished.

Back