1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Reaction score
"The Force will be with you. Always." – Obi-Wan Kenobi

The legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most memorable and crucial characters in the Star Wars saga. As the mentor of Anakin and Luke Skywalker to train them in ways of the Force, Obi-Wan has played a significant role in shaping the fate of the entire galaxy. Following the official introduction of Darth Vader, the “circle is now complete” as Hot Toys is proud to present today the Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Collectible Figure!

The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Sir Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the film featuring a newly developed head sculpt, specially sculpted hands, finely tailored Jedi costume, LED-lighted lightsaber, and figure stand.

This “is” the legendary Jedi Master you are looking for.

Hot Toys
MMS283
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi Collectible Figure Specification
~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~​

The 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi Collectible Figure specially features:

• Authentic and detailed likeness of Sir Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
  • Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, beard, and skin texture
  • Body with over 30 points of articulations
  • Approximately 30 cm tall
  • Six (6) pieces of newly sculpted interchangeable hands including:
    • One (1) pair of relaxed hands
    • One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
    • One (1) right hand for holding lightsaber in alternative pose
    • One (1) gesturing left hand
    • Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
  • One (1) brown-colored under-tunic
  • One (1) beige-colored tunic
  • One (1) brown-colored Jedi robe
  • One (1) brown-colored belt
  • One (1) pair of beige-colored pants
  • One (1) pair of brown leather-like boots

Weapons:
  • One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (white light, battery operated)
  • One (1) lightsaber hilt

Accessory:
  • Specially designed figure stand with Obi-Wan Kenobi nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
  • Head Sculpted by Park Jong Hyuk
  • Hands Sculpted by Choi Yoon Suk & Yumina
  • Head Painted by JC. Hong
  • Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
  • Costume Designed by Hai Lim

Release date: Q3 – Q4, 2015

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.

© 2015 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

130049vbe86yzkeq6wiw2m.jpg
130054btotmaoamvevactm.jpg
130059b1caruaelldfdm3r.jpg
130102wf218uu8fg2ex811.jpg
130107fursu5jxr5v58jqj.jpg
130112onfbn7lt0stnnhcb.jpg
130343axwuwrrhxh00xx99.jpg
130347ydm5avzestetsdae.jpg
130352i40ah1rpxta0cca1.jpg
130358biyofwbofefweyof.jpg
130402lgdps03zsk3cojpg.jpg
130407r51z2iprk3m5zfgn.jpg
130413p3y7yvk89geyyl85.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

How come Obi-Wan is not getting any love??

Very cool announcement. Just talked about these two in a 2-pack with deathasylum about a month ago.

Oh man:thud:

Anyone think will get a sound feature with Vader?

Have been contemplating getting the SS Obi Wan for a while now and getting him repainted. Thanks god I held off. Hello HT!!!

Now my big question is will we get light up sabers?

In that preview pic, it looks like Obi Wan has his eyes closed. I wonder if they are including an extra sculpt for the 'ultimate sacrifice' pose.

I'm glad I have a couple of years to think it over. At the moment I'm completely happy with SS Ben and Vader, if the in hand photos beats out what's coming out for episode VII maybe I'll replace them.

I'm glad I have a couple of years to think it over. At the moment I'm completely happy with SS Ben and Vader, if the in hand photos beats out what's coming out for episode VII maybe I'll replace them.
From what I've read on these forums Han & Chewie, Stormtrooper 2 pack and Vader & Ben are to hit before the new movie hits cinemas next year. This is coming from Forum member "Jack Bauer", I think he said to expect anything up to 10 figures from Hot Toys before the new movie hits and he hasn't been wrong so far. I think it's time to start saving! [emoji51]

In that preview pic, it looks like Obi Wan has his eyes closed. I wonder if they are including an extra sculpt for the 'ultimate sacrifice' pose.

You're right - good catch. That would be an awesome display option.

From what I've read on these forums Han & Chewie, Stormtrooper 2 pack and Vader & Ben are to hit before the new movie hits cinemas next year. This is coming from Forum member "Jack Bauer", I think he said to expect anything up to 10 figures from Hot Toys before the new movie hits and he hasn't been wrong so far. I think it's time to start saving! [emoji51]

Now, we have 7 with ESP Luke... So Maybe Leia, ANH Luke and R2D2/C3PO...

Back