XM Studios Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the running pose. The costume design...not so much. As I've said before, sometimes XM just takes the costume designs farther than I'd like. Too much like the Lee 52 look for my tastes. I don't mind a few liberties taken with costumes but when the characters costumes get New 52'd, I'm not a big fan. I'm much more in favor of classic designs when it comes to costumes.

I personally.like it when artists take classic concepts and modernize it. Quicksilver is mortal he can die from a ballistic induced wound it would make sense to wear something more protective than spandex. It looks awesome to me.

Is it like armored?

That's what it looks like. If you look at any New 52 DC book, you basically have nothing but armored designs for most costumes. This preview has the exact same vibe as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a fan of this look.

I personally.like it when artists take classic concepts and modernize it. Quicksilver is mortal he can die from a ballistic induced wound it would make sense to wear something more protective than spandex. It looks awesome to me.

Yeah. I get that. But why armorize his suit when all these other heroes they're putting out are in classic costume?

I do really like the armorized new 52 suits on some of the heroes. Batman mostly. Superman's is unnecessary.

I do really like the armorized new 52 suits on some of the heroes. Batman mostly. Superman's is unnecessary.

In fairness Supes was given from Braniacs armory. Seems like overkill but that's where it is. I do agree with Batman though.

I am surprised by the character. I'd probably have preferred a different character, but that's me. I hope a Scarlet Witch is in the process :pray:

In fairness Supes was given from Braniacs armory. Seems like overkill but that's where it is. I do agree with Batman though.

I am surprised by the character. I'd probably have preferred a different character, but that's me. I hope a Scarlet Witch is in the process :pray:

I would think that is very likely. It appears XM is focusing on characters in the next Avengers movie. I wonder if Ultron is also in the works?

I would think that is very likely. It appears XM is focusing on characters in the next Avengers movie. I wonder if Ultron is also in the works?

He was on their short list if I remember correctly.

Yup, he was on a "confirmed" list. This was a while back on SF, Shorundan announced it. But don't know, it can always change.

Since this was on my "Wanted" list am definitely looking forward to seeing it come together. I'd prefer a museum pose. I can't think of any running statue that's been pulled off well. Although if anyone can do it XM probably can.

Back