"Imagine if you will...."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent23

21st Century Breakdown
Reaction score
that Sideshow does a Premium Format Gandalf the Grey limited edition of 2,000. But, then they give LotR the "Spidey treatment" and make a Premium Format Gandalf the White variation limited edition of 75 or even 50.

How would you feel about it?

I would be really disappointed, and probably stop collecting the line.

Just imagine only 50 (or so) P.F.'s Gandalf the Whites' available....

What say you?

Does everyone think it's possible SS will do this with their LotR line?

I'm sure SSC would make a 1,000 of each and the White version would be the Exclusive. They wouldn't be that cruel as to make only 50 of the white.

This was just one scenario.

I don't want any LotR pieces to be ultra-limited where it will be impossible to get our hands on it like the Spider-Man variations or the SE Mummy.

I for one won't be happy if we start seeing ES of 50 pieces on LOTR. I'm not sure if I can put into words how unhappy I would be to see something like this. I don't like to see it on Marvel, UM, etc because it's just not big enough to cover any part of the demand.

I don't see it happening because I think the backlash would be huge. LOTR fans are calm till something bad happens just look at how we reacted when we got told no Faramir SSW, Eomer SSW Statue, Denethor, etc. etc. etc. I was vocal about that and would have no issues at all saying how upset I would be if this happened. Just the thought of it happening makes me boil a little bit especially with the possibility of the lottery thing sticking around.

Of course this is all just for ****s and giggles as far as what if but like the old McDonalds commercial said, "Hey, It could happen."

But I don't think this will happen.

Last edited:
While GtG may be more iconic, GtW was in two of the films where as GtG was only in one (not including Balrog flashback). So in that case, GtG would be the more logical to have be the exclusive. In the end though, both version are too popular for the Spidey treatment.

I expect two new Spidey PF from Spidey 3 to just be movie version and movie symbotie versions of the current PF :lol

It would be impossible, anyway. The two costumes are utterly different, and his hair length, texture, and color also change, as well as his accessories. It's too big a change to do that kind of swap.

Although I highly doubt this will happen with LotR stuff, I'm stocking my attic with pitchforks and torches none the less. It's good to be prepared in case of emergencies. :balrog :ogat :nazgul

They are 2 different characters that require completely different costuming and head sculpts. An exclusive is an easy variant with very little new sculpting.

Therefore it really can't happen.

Ok. But, like I said it was just one scenario....

But, would they do it with any collectible? Make a variant of only 50 pieces?

nash said:
they do it with marvel, i dont see why not.

Yeah, and IMO I don't think they should. That's just too low of an amount for any item. I don't think they would ever do this to LOTR or SW. Just way too bad of an idea for these two lines.

I think that it would be difficult to take a LOTR character and produce an ultra-limited version of it, because the costuming is so detailed and different, even going from GTG-to-GTW. I really can't think of a popular character that would fit the scenario of an ultra-limited. I just hope that Sideshow never decides to do this with any LOTR character. I don't agree with them producing ultra-limited versions anyways. IMO, there's no reason to do it other than just to create a frenzy.

look what you fools made them do!!?

negor4.jpg

Back