Harry Potter Spinoff "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" 11-8-16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaCHw117

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looked for a thread since it's older news but couldn't find one.

Looks like it's going to be a trilogy.

Harry Potter Spinoff 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them' Will Be Released As A Trilogy

rs_634x924-130913135100-634.fantasticbeasts.cm.91313.jpg

It also looks like Yates is attached, which is pretty fantastic.
https://www.eonline.com/news/588703...them-will-be-a-trilogy-each-gets-release-date
David Yates, director of the last four Harry Potter movies, will return for the Fantastic Beasts trilogy, reuniting with with Rowling, David Heyman, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.

Anyone excited to see the Harry Potter U on screen again?

Last edited:
I doubt it, since the book exists long before Harry was born.

I see. Well I wonder if they'll open it like The Hobbit then with a current age Harry reading the book to his kids or something as Ron and Hermione happen to drop by unannounced. Gotta milk that cast in some way. :lol

I see. Well I wonder if they'll open it like The Hobbit then with a current age Harry reading the book to his kids or something as Ron and Hermione happen to drop by unannounced. Gotta milk that cast in some way. :lol

that honestly would not surprise me at all. :lol

The professors could appear, it takes place in 1930s New York (among other places) apparently.

That's true! It would be cool to see a younger Dumbledore. Something that I thought was clearly missing from the DH flicks.

Seems to be the trend. :lol

Even for superhero flicks these days. :slap

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/fantastic-beasts-everything-we-know-about-the-harry-100498583916.html

some insight for what the movie may be like for those who have only seen the flicks or not completely caught up on the potterverse. it seems like Rowling is playing a huge part which makes me hopeful that this may not just be another hollywood cashgrab.

For those of you thinking this just seems like a shameless cash grab, you’ll be heartened to hear that JK Rowling is fully involved with the production, and she’s currently polishing the screenplay for the first film.

this having an older lead, could mean a much darker atmosphere then what was just touched on in the films, it would be really cool to see tom hiddleston in the lead as mentioned.

Back