Gambit officially happening!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pturtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
GAMBIT Gets A Writer; Channing Tatum OFFICIALLY Attached To Star

According to Deadline, Fox are moving ahead on the X-Men spin-off starring Gambit and have hired Robocop scribe Josh Zetumer to pen the screenplay. After being strongly rumoured and confirming that he was in talks, Channing Tatum is finally officially attached to star in the movie. You have to imagine that we'll see him make his debut in X-Men: Apocalypse, but there's no mention of that from the trade. Tatum is also producing with is Free Association partner Reid Carolin, and X-Men vets Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. One of the most exciting parts of this news is the fact that the screenplay is based on a treatement written by legendary X-Men writer Chris Claremont, the man who created the character alongside Jim Lee in 1990! Plot details are being kept under wraps for the time being however. What do you guys think? Share your thoughts below!

Look, I liked Channerman as a bimbo cop with that fat Jewish kid, but let's still reel it in with the exclamation points when it comes to him being attached to anything, m-kay? ;)
I mean, really, it's just Gambit after all. His power demands a plethora of Bicycle cards to be cool.

I'm torn. Gambit is one of my favorite characters but I don't want Tatum playing him. I don't think he is right for the role at all... so hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Look, I liked Channerman as a bimbo cop with that fat Jewish kid, but let's still reel it in with the exclamation points when it comes to him being attached to anything, m-kay? ;)
I mean, really, it's just Gambit after all. His power demands a plethora of Bicycle cards to be cool.

The exclamation point was mainly for the film being green lit.

Chundering Taters? **** me.. :(

While the movie was kahkah, Taylor Kitsch was a good choice for Gambit IMO.

Loved him as John carter too.

Hey - I like the guy. :huh :lol

Kitsch is a **** actor!

He was a terrible Gambit and that "Cajun" accent was laughable. He's also a box office curse.

Once Foxcatcher drops, and enough people have seen it, I think a lot of people will start warming up to the casting. It only takes one great performance for everyone to hop on the bandwagon.

Tatum makes much more sense, he's a better actor in my opinion, has a lot more charisma, and most importantly he's bankable.

Even after me saying all that, I don't think this movie should get made, at least not yet, Gambit works best as part of an ensemble and while he's my favorite X-Man, there's other better choices to make a solo movie on.

Last edited:
Wait, now people are claiming how great Kitsch is?

251.gif

Utter.

Nonsense.

Well of course it's my opinion so I'm not going to act like you're wrong in thinking the man has talent, but I just don't see it.

I don't know what he did as Gambit that was so exceptional, maybe if it had a better director he could have brought out that untapped potential so many people seem to think he has in him. I personally think Peter Berg directed commercials are a better fit for the guy, not even joking, I thought that new COD commercial was his best performance yet.

Well of course it's my opinion so I'm not going to act like you're wrong in thinking the man has talent, but I just don't see it.

I don't know what he did as Gambit that was so exceptional, maybe if it had a better director he could have brought out that untapped potential so many people seem to think he has in him. I personally think Peter Berg directed commercials are a better fit for the guy, not even joking, I thought that new COD commercial was his best performance yet.
I'm not president of his fan club or anything - & I've only seen him in a couple things (not Battleship :lol), but I like the guy generally.

I haven't watched XMO:W for a long time, so my memory of Kitsch in the film is a little hazy, but I remember that out of all that meh.. he was a good thing in my view. He looked the part, & he just has a cool vibe. I'm actually very disappointed that he likely won't be doing another John Carter - I ****ing loved that movie.

Back