New Artist - TMNT - Leonardo polymer clay sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MovieSculpt

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this site and and also a new artist, I have been drawing and painting since school but only recently decided to try sculpting.

Please let me know what you think, please go easy on me...

20141019_121517  small.jpg20141019_121618 small.jpg20141019_121758 small.jpg

Awesome work, just out of interest. How long does something like this take to sculpt and paint and what are the costs of your materials used to create the piece.

Awesome work, just out of interest. How long does something like this take to sculpt and paint and what are the costs of your materials used to create the piece.

thank you all :)

well I work full time, go to the gym, have a house and a girlfriend so it does take me a long time. I spend around 2-4 hours on it at night and usually all day on the weekends, this is not finished, I need to change the stand and add a few touches.

I've been working on this for over a month and materials do get pricey but some times I use things i already have such as old t-shirts, girl's bag etc.

You're new to sculpting? You have some real natural talent there! Great work!

If you worked full time on it, I could see you becoming exceptionally good. It might be worth sending to some of the companies who make these items to see if they'd take you on and train you.

I think the body sculpt is excellent. I love the head in particular. The shoulder and arm pads look too hand made to me. But that's very hard to do without getting some manufactured pieces. The base tarmac doesn't looks too cartoony to me and the man hole (if it's supposed to be one) is too small for him to fit down.

But again. We're talking fussy here. For one guy starting out this is exceptionally good work! Plus you need to bear in mind that usually several artists will work on one figure. You've done this all on your own! Well done and keep it up!

This looks pretty damn fine to me. mind you i have not seen the movie, but from a plain artistic view, it is nicely done

Back