DST announce new line of ghostbusters figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Diamond Select Ghostbusters??

Could the rumors be true? Is it time to throw away the Mattel garbage for some REAL toys?

"Their biggest announcement is select figures for Ghost Busters. Actual likenesses of the actors will be used, similar to Universal Monsters, the full set of collector’s items will only be available at comic outlets, not from other locations. They are looking to have a light and sound version of Electronic vehicles, more minimates, and banks."

from bleeding cool:

Live! From The Diamond Retailer Appreciation Breakfast At NYCC 2014 - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Zach Oat hinted at this one months ago....hope it's true! Ghostbusters deserved better than that Matty crap.

Re: Diamond Select Ghostbusters??

Mattel Ghostbusters figures arent crap but they arent any special either. Great news I cant wait to see some pictures.

The Select figures are, I believe, 8 inches or so, which means they aren't hamstrung by some other existing licenses. That's how they did Marvel figures alongside the Marvel Legends figures.

Good news. I hope they look good. I have several GB banks from DST and a whole slew of the minimates. Hopefully this leads the way to other companies getting a shot since Matty crapped the bed in the end with this license.

Great news! I'm happy with the Mattel figures, but I would get these if they make them. Best part, we might get the ECTO 1:yess: It could be true because Mattel is going to be making the Real Ghostbusters figures from the animated series, so it's possible that DS might be making the movie figures.

Too bad DS figures don't have the best paint apps. Still, they do a good hob with the vehicles, so even if the figures suck, the ecto 1 will look great with the new mattel figures. :bunnydanc

The majority of the figures that Matty released were okay. They just did a horrible job of handling this license and listening to the fan base. They instead chose to advertise it poorly and blame the fan base for the lines demise.

Mattel's figures suck short of being the only licensed ones available. Dunno why so many people are defending them.

$30 shipped for 4" cartoon versions that looked like they could be found in the Toddler's section of a Baby's R Us.

If this is real, this is the best news Ghostbusters figures have ever seen.

Are you referring to the MEGO styled ones? I thought they were fine for what they were. Those kinds of figures will typically run about $20-30, and apparently have a collecting audience. Diamond is actually doing some Marvel ones that were shown off at this toy fair. I thought Matty's 6" figures were pretty good, though Ray's likeness is pretty off. I bought the primary characters and have a Slimer though, and that is enough for me. The 12" ones suck for the most part, but the proton pack and trap are awesome, and they come with other parts that are good for bashing nicer 1/6 scale versions.

No I'm talking the 6" ones but they aren't actually 6". More like 4", maybe 4 1/2.. Those were $20 each plus shipping from Mattycollector. The paint and sculpt look awful. I used to display them on the shelf with my Neca, and DC Direct, and Mezco figures but had to take them down, they look awful to me.

Huh, I didn't really compare them with other 6" toys so I didn't notice the size or quality difference. But I'm sure if they get the Select treatment they will be more detailed. Doesn't mean the sculpts will be great, but hopefully they are. I'll probably get them.

The price I will agree with you Deckard. The likenesses weren't great but they were the first figs made from the movie. I guess that's why I give them a pass. I really hope these turn out great so I can move passed the Matty ones.

Diamond Select paint apps suck big time. Hopefully, they do a good job with the line. They better come with a removable protonpack.

Mattel's Ghostbusters 2 figures are good, especially the paint. And the new ones with the removable proton packs are painted better than the early figures. They are too expensive though, but pretty good figures. And yes, they are 6 inches...maybe a little more.

The most exciting part about this line is the ecto 1. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much and the figures can go in it.

I would wish this would open up for a proper 1/6 treatment, but I'm probably being too optimistic. :lol

I would wish this would open up for a proper 1/6 treatment, but I'm probably being too optimistic. :lol
Thats all I'd be interested in. For me, anything below 1/6 is a waste of money. Garbage that clutters up a shelf that will eventually be taken down and tossed in a box. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

Diamond Select paint apps suck big time. Hopefully, they do a good job with the line. They better come with a removable protonpack.
I've only seen a few in-hand, but from my experiences the Marvel Select figures had far superior paint apps to the Hasbro Marvel Legends, and about on par with anything I've picked up online from Mattycollector. Minimates usually have very clean paint apps.

well, using their startrek And Stargate figures as a baseline, I'll say that while the liknesses will be better than the matty offerings, the paint likely will not be any better.

Really? I had all their classic Star Trek line and the apps were fine, except on one of my 3 Kirks, the badge was a little sloppy. That was the only problem I had in over a dozen but that was also like 3 years ago.

Back