Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApeManRyan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

Alright I feel I'm not the only one on this board that enjoys the Classic Universal Monster flicks. I thought I would start a thread for the month of October to see what you all have! Share the love of the Classic Monsters by posting your Universal Monster Collection/Pieces in this thread! Yes! Post your collection and or pieces you own! I know some of you have been on this board for years and have collected the Sideshow pieces or various other companies like Diamond. Post your collection of the Monsters! I want to see pictures of what you have. Keep the Classics alive! Anything from Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Phantom etc. I don't see much love anymore for these films and since Sideshow stopped making the line it's been sad. This thread will be a yearly tribute to those films. Post your 1:6 Figures,1:4 statues, 1:1 Busts, Props, Screen Used items, 7 inch figures, Dolls and so on. Anything Universal Monsters related is accepted! If you got a new piece related to this thread than post away! This is why I made this thread. Too keep the Classics alive! Thanks for reading all. I myself have a Universal Monsters Collection but it's still a work in progress so no pictures at this time from me but I would love to see what you all have! Have fun!:wave:clap:rock :frank:mummy:winkpumpk:stake

Ryan:frank

Last edited:
I am looking for a few of the old PF statues myself, but haven't picked any up as of yet. Ardeth Bay had an amazing Uni collection, but sold most of it recently.

Sadly I've seen the hard core fans sell off there amazing collection. :( to bad Ardeth Bay sold his pieces off. I hope I can revive the Classics. It's pretty dead and I want it to be a place to go see some Amazing Universal Monsters Collections. I'll post some of my small collection soon. I hope others jump in and post what they got.

Sadly I've seen the hard core fans sell off there amazing collection. :( to bad Ardeth Bay sold his pieces off. I hope I can revive the Classics. It's pretty dead and I want it to be a place to go see some Amazing Universal Monsters Collections. I'll post some of my small collection soon. I hope others jump in and post what they got.

All I have left is the Bride and Frank and duo base. Sold Drac, Wolfman, and Creature although I do regret selling Dracula. I don't think Uni Monsters are dead at all. There are still a TON of companies making collectibles for them and they wouldn't be making them if people weren't still buying. I also know that around Halloween, people still love the Uni Monster films. The classics are eternal. The Mondo poster Bride of Frank by Martin Ansin goes for thousands on ebay. The Bride and Frank with duo base goes for around $1500 for the color set and SSE even more. Clearly there is still a market for it. What I think slowed the line with Sideshow collectors is that Sideshow lost the license and people are simply out of space. Some pieces stay, some pieces go. With me, I kept the Bride and Frank because to this day, it is still one of my favorite movies and I am a guy in his mid 30's.

I have never owned any of the Universal Monsters pieces from SSC, and I really really toyed with picking up the SSE London After Midnight PF several Spooktaculars ago. Never did, but this thread is seriously making me want to track one down again.

All I have left is the Bride and Frank and duo base. Sold Drac, Wolfman, and Creature although I do regret selling Dracula. I don't think Uni Monsters are dead at all. There are still a TON of companies making collectibles for them and they wouldn't be making them if people weren't still buying. I also know that around Halloween, people still love the Uni Monster films. The classics are eternal. The Mondo poster Bride of Frank by Martin Ansin goes for thousands on ebay. The Bride and Frank with duo base goes for around $1500 for the color set and SSE even more. Clearly there is still a market for it. What I think slowed the line with Sideshow collectors is that Sideshow lost the license and people are simply out of space. Some pieces stay, some pieces go. With me, I kept the Bride and Frank because to this day, it is still one of my favorite movies and I am a guy in his mid 30's.
Can you post your Frank and Bride PF? When I said they were dead I meant around here on the forum. I should of phrased my sentence better. I know they are still popular but on the freaks forum I barely see anything of the classics. I'm still glad they are popular and companies making sweet toys or collectibles. I hope Sideshow one day will get the license back. If you regret selling Dracula maybe track him down and buy him again?
I have never owned any of the Universal Monsters pieces from SSC, and I really really toyed with picking up the SSE London After Midnight PF several Spooktaculars ago. Never did, but this thread is seriously making me want to track one down again.
I say go for it man! Awesome PF! I own the 1:6 Silver Screen Edition of London After Midnight. Very awesome figure.

Do these count/

Just got the Mummy, so no pix yet.

Yes they count! I need to pick up those Mezco figures. They rule! :rock

I had the SSE Wolfman PF but had to sell it when I needed to pay some bills. I was a huge Universal monster fan growing up as a kid. One of my ultimate goals is to get all the PFs.

I only have the Phantom of the opera and Nosferatu in Sixth Scale, I also have a custom made Nosferatu 12 inch statue.

I had the SSE Wolfman PF but had to sell it when I needed to pay some bills. I was a huge Universal monster fan growing up as a kid. One of my ultimate goals is to get all the PFs.

I only have the Phantom of the opera and Nosferatu in Sixth Scale, I also have a custom made Nosferatu 12 inch statue.

Sorry to hear you had to sell the Wolfman. Can you post some pics of the 1:6 Scale Phantom and Nosferatu along with the custom statue? I would love to see them! Nosferatu is still one that needs to be added to the collection.

Can you post your Frank and Bride PF? When I said they were dead I meant around here on the forum. I should of phrased my sentence better. I know they are still popular but on the freaks forum I barely see anything of the classics. I'm still glad they are popular and companies making sweet toys or collectibles. I hope Sideshow one day will get the license back. If you regret selling Dracula maybe track him down and buy him again?

I say go for it man! Awesome PF! I own the 1:6 Silver Screen Edition of London After Midnight. Very awesome figure.

Yes they count! I need to pick up those Mezco figures. They rule! :rock

Yeah I missed out on the SS goodies, but I love the weight of these. the Mummy I had a bit of problem with it standing. it's good now though and is really well done.

Yeah I missed out on the SS goodies, but I love the weight of these. the Mummy I had a bit of problem with it standing. it's good now though and is really well done.

Glad to hear it! You can still find some of the Sideshow goodies for a pretty good price. :rock what do you collect? 1:6 or 1:4?

Glad to hear it! You can still find some of the Sideshow goodies for a pretty good price. :rock what do you collect? 1:6 or 1:4?

I pretty much collect everything from action figs, to mini busts, to 1:6 and 1:4. If i like a character i don't mind getting them in various sizes.

I pretty much collect everything from action figs, to mini busts, to 1:6 and 1:4. If i like a character i don't mind getting them in various sizes.

Awesome well you can find most of the Sideshow Universal Monster line for pretty good prices especially the 1:6 Scale Figures. If you are ever interested in picking some up go on eBay. I'm always finding great deals on there. Still much more to get and so many to choose from.

I had seen a few for good prices. However, I made a conscious decision to not acquire past pieces. Kinda looking forward cause as we know they will always be another one down the line.

I had seen a few for good prices. However, I made a conscious decision to not acquire past pieces. Kinda looking forward cause as we know they will always be another one down the line.

I hope Sideshow gets the license back. I would love to see some new pieces but I always love the classics they have made for sure.

Here's our Universal Monsters life size busts

20141015_081112_zps41feaf8c.jpg

I since added Wolfman and London After Midnight PFs.

IMG_7666_zps02a123bd.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our Universal Monsters life size busts

20141015_081112_zps41feaf8c.jpg

Here we go! Now right there are 3 beautiful busts. I've always wanted to get my hands on that Nosferatu Bust. The Bride again looks fantastic and I'm looking into getting that kit and sending it to a painter to get it all done up. Whoever you got to paint her did a fantastic job. Just looks incredible. Gorgeous set up. Thank you for sharing!

Huge Universal Classic Monsters fan as well.
I currently don't have any in my collection. I'd love for someone to pick up the license and make 1/4 pieces that are accurate, opposed to artistic.

Sadly, I missed out on the Sideshow pieces released years ago. I know they're up for sale every now and then, but I'd like a complete set and would much rather have an updated version.

Back