Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Tease for a Capaldi figure! :rock

10687106_10153468574391002_5380633223212616622_n.jpg

I like they've included the vest. The outfit is the most boring of any Doctor, whatever they can do to make it more interesting is great. (I liked the polka dot shirt he wore in a recent episode too.)

Very much looking forward to this figure...the past eight weeks have Capaldi on track to becoming my favourite new-series Doctor, along with Tennant of course :rock

Very much looking forward to this figure...the past eight weeks have Capaldi on track to becoming my favourite new-series Doctor, along with Tennant of course :rock

Me too. I would rarely re-watch any of Smith's stories but I have rewatched every single one of Capaldi's so far. :rock

Me too. I would rarely re-watch any of Smith's stories but I have rewatched every single one of Capaldi's so far. :rock

Same here :hi5:

Been watching the live broadcast in the morning, then the replay at night. It's fun seeing little bits you may have missed the first time around.

Would have preferred the 'starry' looking pullover he ore in Listen, personally, as I find the white shirt a bit too plain. But I figured they'd probably go with a variation on the 'promo' outfit.

Mind you, not to be 'that guy' but I don't recall him ever wearing a vest that looked like that.

The 'promo' vest and coat were actually dark blue:

doctor_who_peter_capaldi.jpg

Though that was updated to a black version, with a different cut of vest:

Peter-Capaldi-Doctor-Who-Season-8-Promo.jpeg

Though he still seems to use the blue coat at times:

dw1-485994.jpg

I don't recall a vest that looked anything like the one shown, however.

It's not a deal breaker, but given how relatively simple this outfit is, it would be nice for it to be a bit more accurate. Unless it is a vest that is yet to be seen, or a work in progress, either of which is possible.

Still, I'll be buying regardless, so... :lol

That's a fair point, vest was the wrong word, as the 'promo' look is actually a blue cardigan (the John Smedley Cavendish cardigan, apparently). But apart from that, I don't recall him wearing a cardigan (or anything else) that looks remotely like the one that has been shown in the teaser, which was the point... :lol

Unless it's something not seen on screen yet (or just an early mock up version). Either of which is possible. :)

Sorry, I'm a fan. I've therefore got nothing better to do... :p

That's a good point. This outfit may be in an unseen episode. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Looking forward to this but I'm surprised it's coming out so soon. I expected a classic Doctor or 10 re-release next. Not complaining though, I'll be buying them all. I'm guessing this will be a different sculpt from the one with the new 11? If so it will be nice to have two different options.

I kind of surprised too, to be honest. I suspected the extra head with 11 was meant to tide us over a little, but perhaps not.

Hope they go for a nicely expressive sculpt for the individual Capaldi release, seeing as how the head included with 11 is already quite 'vanilla'. Have to wait and see, I suppose.

Same here :hi5:

Been watching the live broadcast in the morning, then the replay at night. It's fun seeing little bits you may have missed the first time around.

You guys! I love ya :hi5: no **** ;) but yeah I feel like since episode 1 this doctor has knocked it out of the park. I might be in the few but am kinda getting sick of Moffets soap opera storylines with the companions, and this grumpy older doctor kinda represents that to me, he also harkens to me of the doctors of old. A lot of 4th doctor references and stuff. I'm glad about them releasing this. I was only going to get the Matt Smith figure cause it came with the 12th doctor, cause I love him that much, and kit bash the outfit, thinking they weren't going to release this for a while now I'll just wait. The wait will be long though :monkey4

Ah well if they are going to release him in that outfit I'll save myself some money, I'm not interested in one off, eposide specific costumes as a first release so will wait for the 'proper' costume.

He hasn't had one costume yet though, it changes every episode so there's not much they can do is there?

When I say the 'proper' costume I am refering to the one he's been seen in the most, the one you see the most if you Google the costume, the one from the plublicity shots which I have assumed up till now is the 'official' Dr Who costume for this series.

He may well have worn the knited tank top and sludge colored clothing at some point in a scene I missed but it doesn't represent to me what his costume is.

Back