Prop Weta Workshop's Staff of Saruman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Another new item at NYCC

staffgood8muzp.jpg

Well crap, I don't really have room for this. But since I have Gandalf's and Radagast's, I would like to add this one.

LOVED IT!
And that guy from the photo was at the con! I remember asking him about the staff and when will be up! He told me that's just the prototype and will be better and out, aprox, in december!
Looking forward to this one, will look great next to Gandalf the white!
10458434_10152421485698671_2813492657215471845_n.jpg

Just got this staff in and I have to say it blows the old UC version out of the water. There is NO comparison at all. I can't believe I've been displaying that thing so long. But now it puts the UC Gandalf the white staff to shame.

Nevermind, it does. From what I'm reading on the wetacollectors forum it seems that there are some problems with the crown of the staff, and few are satisfied with it. :ohbfrank:

Nevermind, it does. From what I'm reading on the wetacollectors forum it seems that there are some problems with the crown of the staff, and few are satisfied with it. :ohbfrank:

Yep, has the stripes. I guess I better do more research so I can learn why I shouldn't be happy with it...

Yep, has the stripes. I guess I better do more research so I can learn why I shouldn't be happy with it...
Regarding the stripes/swirls I personally just don't like the look of them. If I understand correctly, Saruman's staff only has those stripes in BotFA.

Most seem to agree it's much better than the UC version, like you said, but some are having problems with paint slop on the orb and parts of the crown being crooked/fragile.

I think I'll still try to get one. I wish I knew if they plan on releasing a LotR version later, as I much prefer the orb design on that one and would rather wait for it.

Like many others, my staff arrived with paint damage. Other than that, I like it very much:

20150312_122015.jpg

20150312_122225.jpg

I already contacted Weta's customer service and they're gonna send me a new one.

Back