Temple of Doom ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Had a member PM me asking if I had heard about Sideshow advising they were doing TOD figures ?!?! But cannot find any mention of it anywhere… Any clues insight around here ?!?

There have been references on and off over the years, some from Sideshow themselves.

Before SDCC2014 someone came on this forum (can't remember where sorry) and said they had a reliable inside source that one of Sideshow's surprises would be a 1/6 Temple of Doom figure at the con.
......but it never appeared and we haven't heard anything since.... :)

A former SS employee had posted that they were working on a Mine Car environment piece and some 1:6 TOD figures (Indy? Mola? Shorty?) but nothing ever came of it. Since then rumors have persisted every year that TOD would be getting made but NOTHING has ever come of it so I would not believe ANYTHING until they show photographic evidence it's happening.

The Joes sold solidly and they were killed.

Indy is done.

Welcome to planet goat...where corn syrup and Iron Manssss reign supreme. Indy is too smart for this world. Give them Hunger Games.

I supposed if they ever nail Han Solo's face down, Hot Toys could always get the Indy license as well and crank out a 2.0 Indiana Jones. Blade Runner too for that matter.

A great Ford sculpt is Fortune and Glory.

Well between Indy 4 killing a lot of fans' interest in the franchise for awhile, and the intense criticism over the HT Indy, it's kind of understandable why SSC is reluctant to do much else with the character at the moment.

But I'm sure we'll see some new stuff eventually.

Disney will demand they keep whoring out the license so they can make back their 4 billion investment from LFL.

Well between Indy 4 killing a lot of fans' interest in the franchise for awhile, and the intense criticism over the HT Indy, it's kind of understandable why SSC is reluctant to do much else with the character at the moment.

But I'm sure we'll see some new stuff eventually.

I would have thought Hot Toys screwing up Indy would be a reason FOR Sideshow to do another one......if HT had of nailed it, no one would consider a Sideshow version.
As it is, Sideshow is trying to up their game and continuing to show their Harrison love - see the upcoming Han Solo Hoth figure - so why not have another go?

Even if they decide a battle damaged one (ToD) is too hard to pull off, I'm sure a lot of people would be in for a new improved Sidehow Indy from Last Crusade....

Disney will demand they keep whoring out the license so they can make back their 4 billion investment from LFL.

Didn't seem like there was much interest in Indy merchandise. The slew of stuff that came out for all the flicks when Kingdom was release just seemed to rot.

I would have liked to at lease got a 1/6 Short Round.

No doubt… a 1/6 Shorty would have been awesome… as would a 1/6 Mola ram…. Sigh…. Those images of Trevor's 1/6 Shorty sculpt that floated around some time ago are just heart breaking… oh the potential…. I would have loved to see a TOD DX Indy.. full Tux, battle damaged torn shirt costume… Nurhachi Urn, Sankara Stoes.. Machete… soooo much potential for a boxed set…. Would have been so much better than a KOTCS fridge exclusive… :(

I would have liked to at lease got a 1/6 Short Round.

I saw that Trevor Grove Short Round sculpt - it was done as a commission and never appears to have surfaced as a finished figure.

If you could find 12-20 people to put in $100 each, wouldn't that give them all a Short Round head (assuming Grove would do it - again - for $1200-2000)?

For around $250-300 (incl paint and the shirt) each, you could have a SSC quality Shorty.

Question is, are there 20 people who want a Shorty figure?:lol

I think we might see HT take a shot at Temple of Doom Indy DX when/if Indy 5 makes it way onto the screen. Until then I think it is very unlikely although wish I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back